Scenic Oceanview Question

jag.wsfd

What's the chances of being able to go from a regular ocean view to a scenic Oceanview? Currently have a reg Oceanview booked. Scenic ocean views are available just not for 2 people at this time. Do they ever open up for just 2 people?

Slim to none. There's only 2 grand scenic oceanviews and 4 scenic oceanviews, and I have never seen them loosen the capacity requirements. They usually sell out long before Carnival would need to upsell them or anything. BUT keep an eye out. You never know. People cancel, upgrade, etc.

I have a 4k grand scenic room 9200 booked for 2 people on the Valor for February 22, that room can have up to 4 people. Just call them and ask I'm sure they will give it to you.

You are lucky. I have been told no before trying to book this cabin for 2.

Enjoy it's a great cabin. I have 9201 booked on the valor for OCT

I would say your chances are slim to none.

I think your best bet would be to try to do mock bookings to see if one somehow opens up and then call to see if you can be put into it once you know one is available.

I had called to see if there were any scenic oceanviews available for my May cruise date and was told that they are one of the first room types to sell out and they do not normally allow two people to go in the rooms unless one becomes available at the last minute due to a cancellation or upgrade. Catching a Carnival rep on a good day and being super nice may be your best bet :)

Good luck!

I have a 4k grand scenic room 9200 booked for 2 people on the Valor for February 22, that room can have up to 4 people. Just call them and ask I'm sure they will give it to you.

Normally doesn't work that way. The Sunshine grand scenics are both quads and unless it's very last minute that it happens to become open, they might allow 2 to book one. The other ships that have them have one quad, one double. Same deal with the smaller regular scenics. They pretty much stick to the capacity restrictions.

I did read a thread where somehow 2 were allowed to book a quad way in advance. Now the person is worried they will get bumped. Not sure why an agent would even do that to a customer. We had 9200 on the Freedom and it was the only cabin I wanted. We had 4 so no chance of being bumped.

We have a scenic ocean view on the Sunshine, May 16th. (9107) We have 4 in our cabin and our PVP wanted to make sure we knew if the occupancy changed that Carnival could (and probably would) bump us from that room.

We are traveling with two kiddos so it's doubtful we would leave one at home. ;)

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

We have a Grand Scenic Ocean View Cabin 9201 on the Conquest coming up in September. I found it by looking at the deck plans as it was not advertised on the Carnival website. I contacted my TA and she booked it for me. It sleeps 2 and Cabin 9200 sleeps 4. I am so thrilled!

We have 9200 (GSOV) booked for our cruise on the Freedom. I called Carnival and asked about upgrades and they suggested 9200. Didn't know it was for 4 people until later...so I guess just call and ask.

The timing of your cruise will most likely determine if they'll allow you to stay in a 4 person room. I think because ours is right after Thanksgiving they allowed us to book it without issue.

Normally doesn't work that way. The Sunshine grand scenics are both quads and unless it's very last minute that it happens to become open, they might allow 2 to book one. The other ships that have them have one quad, one double. Same deal with the smaller regular scenics. They pretty much stick to the capacity restrictions.

I did read a thread where somehow 2 were allowed to book a quad way in advance. Now the person is worried they will get bumped. Not sure why an agent would even do that to a customer. We had 9200 on the Freedom and it was the only cabin I wanted. We had 4 so no chance of being bumped.

Haha am I the person you are speaking about?

Still super worried about getting bumped from our 9200...heh...

Still semi-upset with the agent for allowing us to book without warning us it was for 4 and we could be bumped.

My anxiety level has gone down a bit for now...until it gets closer :o

Haha am I the person you are speaking about?

Still super worried about getting bumped from our 9200...heh...

Still semi-upset with the agent for allowing us to book without warning us it was for 4 and we could be bumped.

My anxiety level has gone down a bit for now...until it gets closer :o

I'm in the same situation, we have 9200 booked for 2 on the Valor in February and the agent didn't mention anything about the possibility of getting bumped.

I'm in the same situation, we have 9200 booked for 2 on the Valor in February and the agent didn't mention anything about the possibility of getting bumped.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me (well, not literally...)

But yeah I'm not sure why the agents allowed us to book...I guess they don't predict us to most likely be bumped. I contacted Mr. Heald to express my concern (I'm supposed to be getting engaged on that cruise and the surprise was for my SO) and he said he would see what he could do...will that really save me from getting bumped if they decide to kick me out? I'm not sure...but it was worth a shot. He's a nice guy so I'm hoping he could have some influence if I get so lucky as for Carnival to attempt to bump me.

Edited by HollandAvery

We were lucky to get a 6J cabin on the Sunshine with three passengers. We have been trying to book another cruise with a 6J cabin on the Sunshine and have had no luck so far. With only six 6J and 6K cabins on the ship it difficult to book one.

So you liked the cabin well enough to want to book it again? That's a good sign. I'm worried that we will wish we had a balcony...

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

I wound take a balcony over the 6j

I would take 9200 over the balcony

I must say I am impressed that 2 people can book 9200

I can not ever get a cabin for 4 for the 3 of us

Grand daughter wants to sleep in

You all were lucky. I tried today to book 3 in a balcony on the Triumph that said if a fourth person books a trundle would be provided. Seriously, you are going to put a full grown adult on a trundle. I couldn't believe it when my PVP said she couldn't put us in that stateroom. I have been a loyal Carnival customer. Check my signature. The cruise in question will be number10 in less than 5 years. Oh and we wanted that balcony as we wanted three in a row for our family cruise. Hubby and I were footing the bill for all three. That's a lot of $ to quibble about a stateroom that wants to provided someone with a trundle bed.

I wound take a balcony over the 6j

I would take 9200 over the balcony

I must say I am impressed that 2 people can book 9200

I can not ever get a cabin for 4 for the 3 of us

Grand daughter wants to sleep in

That make me feel a lot better, I have 9200 booked on valor and was debating if I should change to a balcony.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

That make me feel a lot better, I have 9200 booked on valor and was debating if I should change to a balcony.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

No way. OI contemplated moving to the balcony and was so glad I did not.

The shades MUST be pulled down at night-which the cabin steward does while you are at dinner. But after we came back at night-- and got ready for bed we turned the lights out- opened the shades and laid in bed watching the night skies.

we kept the shades half closed because boy does that sun get bright in the morning--LOL

it is a far walk to the food though .