hotel before cruise

adbnva

we are flying into Miami in may before our cruise. looking for a hotel that would pick us up at airport, take us to port the next day,have a little breakfast, and have a decent place to eat within walking distance. we have cruised out of Miami 2 times lately and not fared too well on hotels. any ideas? thanks ad

When we were searching out Miami hotels, we came across Springhill Suites Downtown Miami. They offered a complimentary airport shuttle, hot breakfast and a shuttle to the port, which was only 3 miles away. They also stated that they would provide a courtesy shuttle to area restaurants or over to the popular Bayside area for shopping or dinner.

We ended up flying into FLL and staying in that area so cannot comment on first hand experience nor tell you if there are any restaurants within walking distance. I just wanted to offer this information to you as I thought that it could be a possibility due to the amenities.

Here is the hotel link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

Dining options: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

Good luck to you.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I would not limit yourself to hotels offering airport and port shuttles - only a few of the budget places do that.

Taxis in Miami are not that expensive - about $25 to downtown hotels and another $$10-12 cab will get you to POM the next day. In downtown Miami I would focus your search on the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Marriott and Doubletree.

If you are arriving later in the day and just want dinner and a clean room focus on the Blue Lagoon area near the MIA airport - Homewood Suites, Sofitel, Hampton Inn, etc. There is a small strip mall nearby with grocery, drug and liquor stores plus dining and fast food options. Taxi to POM the next day will run about $27-30+tip.