Any idea why Carnival would issue a credit?

gnocchi_mommy

I last sailed Carnival over Christmas, no ports were skipped and my bill seemed correct when we left the ship. I next sail in April, am paid in full and double checked this morning the amount is correct. So any guesses what a $40 credit to my credit card might be for? The alert from my CC (I get every time I get a credit or a debit) just says "Amount: $40.00

Description: CARNIVAL CRUISE TKT/RE MIAMI FL

A credit has been placed on your account."

Did you visit guest service with a complaint? I know sometimes they will give a credit. Could that be it?

No! No complaints at all. It was probably the best service we have *ever* had on any cruise, in fact I wrote a glowing review on their FB page about it.

It seems our last 3 cruises we got credits that we have no idea what they are for. Last September on the Liberty on the first day we noticed we had a credit of 14.23 each. My sisters in the cabin next door got nothing. Later in the cruise there was another credit of like 7.94 each. Missed nothing and nothing to complain about.

Never went to guest services. Just thought they would let us know. Never did. Just accepted it and moved on.

Glad I found this thread. I just got off my first carnival cruise (Freedom) and noticed a credit for a weird amount - $7.76. I was stumped - never thought about port fees. That must be it. Interesting that I never got a credit on any of my five other (non-Carnival) cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

most ports charges are based per ship, very few are per passenger. usually the cruise lines estimate at 90 to 95 percent capacity per person. if you go at 100 percent the port charges per person obviously will drop. which then becomes an onboard credit.