Liberty AFT balconies

tlreze

We asked the steward about the lack of air he said he would report it. We went down to customer services the next morning and reported it. The maintenance man checked it and said it was within their standards which is 72 to 74 degrees. 74 degrees without air blowing in the room is hot. We slept with the balcony door open it was the only breeze we could get. Others in the 7400 corridor also complained of the heat and got the same reply " it meets our standards" answer. One lady in an inside cabin said she could not sleep and by day 3 you could tell she was not kidding. She looked exhausted. If you book on deck 7 avoid the 7400 portside corridor there is a problem with the a/c or bring a small fan. I do not think they will fix it until dry dock. I read a post from December saying 7426 was hot and we went Feb 15 and it is still really hot.

Oh no, we are leaving March 1st and that's near where we are staying (7415), we have a balcony room. I am very hot natured so now I am panicking. Do people usually bring fans on cruises? What that be considered a carry on or go thru with your luggage? Was it comfortable with the balcony breeze?

We are also hot natured and found 72 to 74 too hot. I would get a small portable fan in case your room is too hot. By small I mean one of those tiny little fans that are about 3 or 4 inches, they do put out enough air to cool you if it is right next to the bed. The room was cool enough when we had the balcony door opened. We put the chair in front of it to hold it open. It was in the upper 60's and low 70's outside at night so that also helped with the cool breeze. Your cabin is on the starboard side and I do not think that side had any problems. It was the port side that was hot. You could literally feel the change of temperature from the elevator and our portside corridor. I hope your cruise is awesome.

Edited by sail-a-bration
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
Normally I would say deck 7. I would go deck 8, ONLY if you can get either room 8450 or 8457, they are right next to the wrap and they are bigger than the other aft balconies. So much more room.

Wow, thats good to hear. I'll be in 8457 in 12 days!!