Shark Ray Alley

maja

Hello... I have not done the Shark Ray Alley from a cruise ship, but I went to Belize on my honeymoon last Sep and we did this through our resort. I only hope you get the same experience with a cruise excursion. This was such a neat experience and not one that many people can say they have done. Our guide threw chum/blood, etc in the water and within seconds there were sharks and sting rays everywhere. It was such an amazing experience. The sharks are the nurse sharks I think, which I hear are not aggresive. Our guide even wrestled a few. They all just sort of swim by you, the sting rays will brush against your legs and feet. (I was a MAJOR chicken and doggie paddled anytime they came close) My husband was able to pet both. I had such a great time and definitly recommend it and if you decide to do this, MAKE SURE that you have an underwater camera (we had disposable). You will definitly want these pics. I will upload some if I can figure out how to do that. Good luck!!!

We used coral breeze for our shark ray alley tour when on the Glory in aug. One of the guides dove down and brought up a stingray for everyone to pet, then a sea urchin and a shell with a hermit crab in it. The kids really enjoyed this. You can check out their website at coralbreezelimited.com

Archived