Best beach with bar, food, snorkle + more?

scubamommy!

Hi all, first time in St Martin, know nothing at all. Last year we went to a great beach in Mexico that had it all within a stones throw away.

Can anyone recommend a beach that has shacks that rent snorkel gear ( and maybe even scuba jaunts) as well as a beach bar with lunch? Some extra shopping would be additionally good. We have a group of 6 with different ideas of what we would like to do, but lounging on a beach is something we all want to do and it would be nice to find a good "meeting point" from where we can beach it and do want each of us wants to do.

Otherwise we will part in the AM and meet back on the boat, which is fine, just thought I would check to see if there was one beach that had it all here! Thanks in advance

When we went To Cozumel on Connie last year, we went to Chankannab and they had all that PLUS a swim with the dolphins! It was really nice, they had a pool, gift shops, shops for snorkel and scuba, jet ski's, great bar with tableside on the beach service and great shrimp Ceviche! Not to mention the tequila factory where some of our group tried 30 ( yes I said 30) tequila's! It was a great park and we loved it! I would go back there in a flash!

The beach with the most activity is Orient. It is lined with bars and some shopping. There are also places to rent seadoos, Kite boards, sailboats, and most other activities. HOWEVER, there is little snorkeling there. I have heard that there is some snorkeling near the reef at the south end of the beach (the nude part). The beach with the best snorkeling is probably Little Bay, which is one bay over from where the ships park. They supposedly have some sunken cannons as well as some reefs with fish. Probably one bar at Divi resort, but little else.

The other option is to go to Pinel Island, on the NE corner of the island. They have good snorkeling, shallow beach, and a couple of beach bar/restaurants. You can only get there by boat, but they run every half hour or so from French Cul-de-sac for less than $10 per round trip.