Booking a surprise cruise, and keeping it that way!

jkd9977

I'm looking to book a cruise next November as a surprise for my parents and let them know about it this June for their anniversary. I would also like to take advantage of the sale and reduced deposits now. Is it possible for me to book/pay on the cruise with their info without it showing up when they log in? I'm sure this has been done, but don't want to be completely in the dark when I call Carnival. Thanks!

Do you mean that you don't want it to show up in their account through carnival when they log onto the website?

I don't think it will show up until you go onto the website itself and enter the booking number to be associated with your account. At least that was the case for me last January when I booked for a cruise I went on this past Nov.

I booked through a PVP who then sent me an email with the booking number and other information. When I went to carnivals website to start paying more into the cruise, I did not have any information in there. I had to manually enter the booking number. At that point it showed the information.

So much fun!!! I did a surprise cruise for my husband. He thought we were going to Baltimore Harbor for a getaway weekend (we live about an hour away). He usually does all the driving, but I told him to put his seat back and relax while I drove. He was absolutely surprised when I pulled onto the cruise parking lot and he heard the parking attendant saying "are you checking your baggage or carrying it on"... He sat up, opened his eyes, and there before him was THE CARNIVAL PRIDE!! IT WAS BIG FUN!

Hope your parents enjoy their surprise!

I'm looking to book a cruise next November as a surprise for my parents and let them know about it this June for their anniversary. I would also like to take advantage of the sale and reduced deposits now. Is it possible for me to book/pay on the cruise with their info without it showing up when they log in? I'm sure this has been done, but don't want to be completely in the dark when I call Carnival. Thanks!
Edited by ForSharonB

Congrats to your parents....we are doing the same thing for our grandkids. They want to cruise so bad. We are taking the whole family in Nov. for their Christmas present. When they come to visit in July I am going to have "Christmas in July" with a scavenger hunt for them to find the gift, which will be a picture of our cruise ship!!!! Can't wait to do it and see their faces...they are 11 and 6.:D

Planned a Europe trip with grandsons for almost 2 years June 2011 on Magic.

They never even suspected I told them the night before we flew out to Barcelona.

My greatest part of that trip was their faces when they were told