Vegetarian menus on Dawn?

KMB2014

Hi!

My husband is a vegetarian and he is wondering if the Dawn offers a vegetarian menu in the main dining room. We were on a HAL cruise last summer and they had a big menu he could choose from ahead of time. But we had traditional seating on that cruise and I'm not sure how that will work with Freestyle dining. I know there is usually one vegetarian entree on the menu but it would be nice to have a few items to choose from. (He also does not eat seafood.)

Thanks for any info you can offer!

From what I have seen hunting around for the answer to that question, it looks like there is one steady item each day and one that rotates like the other menus. Unfortunately what I have seen both include dairy which I can't have. Thanks for the post though, I had just about forgotten to call special needs and make sure my needs were noted on the reservation.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an email address to send a request with special diet needs? I have friends who are cruising on the Dawn as their first cruise and are Vegan. I believe there is an option to note this preference, but I'm not sure where.

Thanks in advance.

Also--any tips for them I can pass on? I eat plenty of meat so this is a new one for me :)

Is there an email address to send a request with special diet needs? I have friends who are cruising on the Dawn as their first cruise and are Vegan. I believe there is an option to note this preference, but I'm not sure where.

Thanks in advance.

Also--any tips for them I can pass on? I eat plenty of meat so this is a new one for me :)

From ncl website

Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guest with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin

Please call (866) 584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, or send an e-mail to accessdesk@ncl.com, or have your travel agent contact us.

What if your diet isn't medically necessary? Do you need a doctors note?

No. Some people's preferences are for personal choice, health or other reasons.

My niece is a vegan and we have received a reply from NCL they were very nice.

They do not have specific vegan menus but will work to accommodate such requests on board. One interesting thing they mentioned is for my niece she can bring prepackaged snacks food items but no food items that require refrigeration or require any kind of heating or preparation by staff. They do have soy milk. We plan to bring a container or two of almond milk with us.