Bedspreads

basilh

Does anyone know how often they change the bedspread/comforters on RCL?

I have a 'thing' about hotel bedspreads and usually bring my own (my husband thinks I am crazy), but we are going on an 11 day and will be short on luggage space so I am hesitating.....

We had a real problem with this on Carnival - our bedspread smelled of urine and we asked to have it changed and it wasn't any better - so we threw it in the closet...not sure the blankets were any better!!!

Believe me I am not a clean freak - :eek: Is it just me - or what do other people do?

Toting along a bedspread is a bit unusual (okay a lot unusual) and it would take up way too much luggage space. If you have concerns, ask for a clean one and keep asking until you get it. Surely you can live with it for 11 days if you don't get it dirty yourself.

I always remove the bedspreads for sleeping. But, I have to say I don't see any real difference between bedspreads and sofas. People do all the same things on sofas that they do on bedspreads (creating exactly the same germs, smells, stains, etc.) but sofa cushions no doubt are only changed occasionally. No one ever seems to complain about the sofas not being cleaned and changed between guests. If the sheets are clean and the blanket is double sheeted, I don't worry beyond that.

I always remove the bedspreads for sleeping. But, I have to say I don't see any real difference between bedspreads and sofas. People do all the same things on sofas that they do on bedspreads (creating exactly the same germs, smells, stains, etc.) but sofa cushions no doubt are only changed occasionally. No one ever seems to complain about the sofas not being cleaned and changed between guests. If the sheets are clean and the blanket is double sheeted, I don't worry beyond that.

Gee, thanks for planting the sofa thing in my head. Ugh!!!

:eek: Never thought of how disgusting the bedspreads and sofas could be. I'm gonna bring a can of Lysol and spray them down

And right after that, remove them. My favorite B and B (in the Harrisburg area of PA) sandwiches the comforter between two sheets, so you never touch the blanket itself. Wish every hotel and B&B did that. Just FEELS cleaner.

If the sheets are clean and the blanket is double sheeted, I don't worry beyond that.

It would be great if they double-sheeted the blanket - but I doubt we will be that lucky.......I know alot of 4-5 star hotels are using this method to keep things a little cleaner.

If the sheets are clean and the blanket is double sheeted, I don't worry beyond that.

It would be great if they double-sheeted the blanket - but I doubt we will be that lucky.......I know alot of 4-5 star hotels are using this method to keep things a little cleaner.

If you mean double sheeted, do you mean a sheet on each side of the blanket? Or 2 sheets on the under side of the blanket? If you meant the earlier, then on our recent RCL trip, I know that there were sheets surrounding both sides of the vellux blanket.

As for lack of luggage space, here's something we did...we lifted the beds up and put all the luggage underneath after we unpacked everything. We never needed to go back to the luggage until the end of the cruise!!!

I always bring Lysol and FaBreeze (sp?). As soon as I get in the room, I Lysol everything. I am not a germ-a-phob, but my dad was a hotel inspector and I grew up hearing disgusting hotel room violations. And...don't forget to spray the life jacket before the drill!!

If you mean double sheeted, do you mean a sheet on each side of the blanket? Or 2 sheets on the under side of the blanket? If you meant the earlier, then on our recent RCL trip, I know that there were sheets surrounding both sides of the vellux blanket.

As for lack of luggage space, here's something we did...we lifted the beds up and put all the luggage underneath after we unpacked everything. We never needed to go back to the luggage until the end of the cruise!!!

Yes that's what I mean by doublesheeting - if RCL does this now - there will be no problem - anyone else found this recently on a RCL ship?

Yes that's what I mean by doublesheeting - if RCL does this now - there will be no problem - anyone else found this recently on a RCL ship?

Yup...we were on the Seranade this month and they did doublesheet the bed (also was done in our hotel room in Vancouver....hopefully more and more places will be doing this...)

I allway re-move the blankets form a hotel bed and will do the same on the ship We take 2 small microfiber down blanket they roll up nice and small. There not full size but work well

here is one I found on line http://www.lnt.com/sm-microfiber-blanket--pi-1841282.html

you can all so get then at Target ot kOHLS

It's actually referred to as triple sheeting. If you ask for double sheeting you'll just get normal sheets, not the third one over the top of the blanket. Pretty much all five and most four star hotels do this. Much nicer.

Anne

Then you probably should not sit down in a seat in the theater, and what about the pool side lounges (perhaps someone in a thong was sitting there before you), and heaven forbid you go to the spa and use anything. Are you sure the dishes in the dining room and Windjammer are clean? And what about your glass in the bar? And if you fly to catch the ship, stand all the way so as not to sit in the airplane seat. And what about the bus for the shore excursions, and the subway or taxi? They say there are more germs in a hospital room than most anywhere - so don't ever get sick.

Lighten up people, do you want to stay in your safe, clean house, or do you want to have a life? I just don't worry about everything, I go to enjoy the trip, where ever and when ever I can go. I spent years working in a school with sneezing, coughing kids, and for the most part, never got sick. A few germs are not going to kill most people.

Then you probably should not sit down in a seat in the theater, and what about the pool side lounges (perhaps someone in a thong was sitting there before you), and heaven forbid you go to the spa and use anything. Are you sure the dishes in the dining room and Windjammer are clean? And what about your glass in the bar? And if you fly to catch the ship, stand all the way so as not to sit in the airplane seat. And what about the bus for the shore excursions, and the subway or taxi? They say there are more germs in a hospital room than most anywhere - so don't ever get sick.

Lighten up people, do you want to stay in your safe, clean house, or do you want to have a life? I just don't worry about everything, I go to enjoy the trip, where ever and when ever I can go. I spent years working in a school with sneezing, coughing kids, and for the most part, never got sick. A few germs are not going to kill most people.

great point...but for you germ-o-phobs the lysol is the best trick....me i just disenfect my body with alcohol internally

Archived