Carnival Itin. Changes?

JrMafia90

Although, I cannot enter Carnival site through my AOL browser, I do enter through other links. Here is what I found on their site.

Tropical Weather Update

August 26, 2005 - 5:00 PM

We have been closely monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Katrina. At Carnival, the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority. All of our ships will be navigated at a safe distance from this storm at all times.

Due to the closure of the Port of Miami, we have made the following itinerary changes:

The Imagination August 20, 2005 departure will return to Miami on Saturday August 27, 2005.

The Fascination August 22, 2005 departure will return to Miami on Saturday August 27, 2005.

The Imagination 4 day cruise on August 25, 2005 will change to a 2 day cruise departing on Saturday, August 27, 2005.

The Fascination 3 day cruise on August 26, 2005 will change to a 2 day cruise departing on Saturday, August 27, 2005

In addition, we will also make a change for the Carnival Miracle August 28, 2005 departure from Tampa. We will not be able to return to Tampa from the previous cruise on Sunday due to the location of Hurricane Katrina. We will now embark this cruise in Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). The ship will return to Tampa as scheduled on September 4, 2005.

Carnival will provide complimentary motorcoach transportation from both the Tampa airport and the pier at the Port of Tampa to Port Everglades. Transportation will be available between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Guests arriving at the Tampa airport should proceed to the baggage claim area and Carnival staff will direct you to the pickup location.

For guests that are driving to Tampa, it is very important that you DO NOT drive to Port Everglades. You should park at the pier in Tampa and take the motorcoach to Port Everglades. The ship will return to Tampa at the end of the cruise.

For guests that purchased air transportation from Carnival, our air/sea department will change your incoming flight to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. They will contact you with the new flight information.

Carnival will also provide guests with a $50 per person onboard credit.

We sincerely apologize to our guests impacted by these itinerary changes. Rest assured, we will make every effort to minimize this inconvenience and provide you with a great cruise experience.

Hope this helps!

Archived