Eastern Caribbean weather in April on the Atlantic

MTJZ

There is a group of my family and friends going on the Carnival Breeze doing the 8 day Eastern Caribbean on April 25, 2015 it is my second time doing the Eastern Caribbean our first time was in April and the first 2 days sail was extremely rough and my husband who is still debating if he is going to book is wondering if this is a normal thing when you sail on the Eastern side of the Caribbean. He was sea sick for 2 days and does not want to sail if it is normally that rough he always wears the path and we usually do the Western Caribbean and have not found it rough and he has made out fine but the group wanted to change it up and try the Eastern side again.

Thanks everyone for the info my husband first cruise was the Eastern Caribbean he has done 2 Western and prefers the Western as we have always had great weather as he said it is like sailing on glass it was so calm. My sister is on her 25 cruise and any time she has done the Eastern she found that the ship rocked and rolled a little more than the Western side.

We sailed the Eastern route in Mid-April. We had smooth seas and great sunny weather the entire cruise. Our ports were: San Juan, Gran Turk, Half Moon Cay and St. Thomas.

Funny though, we sailed the Western route twice, both times in mid to late October. We encountered rough seas and rainy weather in most all of the ports on both cruises. These cruises were not back to backs but a year apart. Ironically, we missed Grand Cayman both cruises...... I'm still waiting to get there......... what a better reason than to book another cruise. :)

Good luck to you for nice weather and smooth seas.