Carnival fun hub

Sledge1

Hello, you can use the computers for FREE to link to the Carnival Websites and Message boards.

BUT.. if you want to do anything outside of that, you will need to purchase an internet package.

catrin

If your talking about the new HUB APP that is being tested on the Breeze then yes you need to have WIFI for it to work. From what I understand there are some areas that would be free, such as viewing fun times and dining menus, but if you want to chat with others on the ship then you would need one of the internet packages. Right now they have the social package which is $5 a day or $25 for a week per device (you can use more than one but have to log out on one first) that would let you keep in contact with each other.

• 2 weeks later...
BUT.. if you want to do anything outside of that, you will need to purchase an internet package.

If your talking about the new HUB APP that is being tested on the Breeze then yes you need to have WIFI for it to work. From what I understand there are some areas that would be free, such as viewing fun times and dining menus, but if you want to chat with others on the ship then you would need one of the internet packages.

on the breeze, and the breeze only as it's the only ship testing the fun hub app, you do NOT need an internet package for it to work.

Carnival Cruise Line has launched a new free mobile app that provides vacationers aboard Carnival Breeze with a variety of useful information to maximize the fun on their next Carnival cruise. The app includes an innovative “chat” feature that allows guests to exchange messages with their traveling companions using their mobile devices throughout the voyage for a low flat fee of $5 for the entire cruise. - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/01/15/carnival-cruise-line-launches-new-shipboard-app-also-piloting-first-ever-social-media-internet-package-providing-access-to-facebook-twitter-and-other-sites-for-flat-fee/#sthash.MO3Z5PZf.dpuf

the cost is $5 per device / per person for the entire cruise. this is different than the social media or other internet packages.

more about fun hub in link above and here:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing.html

Edited by falkcor

• 1 month later...
I am a new cruiser saw carnival fun hub and I am curious do you have to have wifi on ship to use it looks like it could be a great thing for us because we are traveling with a large group

The fun hub is on select ships. You place your phone on airplane mode and connect to Carnival's (server/data?) by using their wi-fi. It's free.

With using it, you're able to see what's going on around the ship. They may have added it now, but you'll be able to view the daily menus in the restaurants.

There is a chat feature in the app that allows you to chat with guests in your cabin or other guests on the ship. The cost for this is $5 for the duration of the cruise.

Of course, this only works on the ship. Also, you should have the app downloaded prior to boarding the ship.

Hope that helps.

I am a new cruiser saw carnival fun hub and I am curious do you have to have wifi on ship to use it looks like it could be a great thing for us because we are traveling with a large group

Bumping this up. Is there a link for it on my kindle? I thought I had it on my old kindle but I upgraded

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I doubt there's an app for the kindle, but don't quote me on that.

To my knowledge it's only available for IOS and Android.

• 1 month later...

Any news yet as to when it will be on other ships?

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone whose actually used this app on the Breeze give us a review for it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used the app on the Breeze in February. Does anyone still have questions?

Did I hear that this app is now on the Pride?

no, i think you heard that carnival pride will go live this weekend with the new internet packages this weekend per john heald..

but the carnival fun hub app is different than the internet packages, and is as far as i know (and believe to be true) only available on the carnival breeze.

Ah! Ok thanks!

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

If your talking about the new HUB APP that is being tested on the Breeze then yes you need to have WIFI for it to work. From what I understand there are some areas that would be free, such as viewing fun times and dining menus, but if you want to chat with others on the ship then you would need one of the internet packages. Right now they have the social package which is $5 a day or $25 for a week per device (you can use more than one but have to log out on one first) that would let you keep in contact with each other.

Actually- that's not entirely correct.

The app is FREE. It doesn't cost at all unless you want the chat feature. Then it is $5 per phone that enables it.

The new internet plan that the breeze offers for phones (and iPads) is totally separate from the app. You don't need the app to use the Internet actually, you use you phones apps or safari- depending upon which plan you purchase.

The $5 per day plan works with ONLY the apps mentioned. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)

If you want to use an app that isn't on the list, you have to buy the next plan up which costs $60 for the week. We just got off the breeze yesterday and used both the app and the Internet option. We had to buy the $60 plan because my husband needed an app not on the list.

The great part is you can use as many devices that you want- just not more than one at a time.

Actually- that's not entirely correct.

The app is FREE. It doesn't cost at all unless you want the chat feature. Then it is $5 per phone that enables it.

The new internet plan that the breeze offers for phones (and iPads) is totally separate from the app. You don't need the app to use the Internet actually, you use you phones apps or safari- depending upon which plan you purchase.

The $5 per day plan works with ONLY the apps mentioned. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)

If you want to use an app that isn't on the list, you have to buy the next plan up which costs $60 for the week. We just got off the breeze yesterday and used both the app and the Internet option. We had to buy the $60 plan because my husband needed an app not on the list.

The great part is you can use as many devices that you want- just not more than one at a time.

They must have changed the device policy, we were on the Breeze in March and I purchased the $99 plan and I had to log out on my phone in order to log in on my I-pad. It would pop up saying you are already logged in and please log off :)

You are correct the APP is FREE, I am using it for our countdown to the June trip and then it is $5 to use the chat feature on the APP. The $5 is per folio and they are getting ready to release an update that will allow those under 13 to use the chat function with a parent approval but they can only chat with those in the same cabin.

Like I mentioned, I got the $99 plan since the kids were not with me and i wanted to use Facetime. Could NEVER get it t work :( but Guest Service was nice enough to give me a credit to the $60 package instead mid week when I gave up on trying. It was just to darn windy I think.