Almost 1st time on Celebrity

mike1trim

Our family is leaning towards a celebrity cruise......we have been on many royal and carnival cruise. We enjoy the party atmosphere......( by the pool and after hours bars and entertainment. )

My real question is.....is there really a big difference between royal/carnival and celebrity?

Big difference in my opinion. Other than maybe the Martini bar I wouldn't consider Celebrity a party atmosphere. I'm afraid you'd be disappointed. We're not but we really don't care one way or another if there is a party atmosphere.

enjoy

Our family is leaning towards a celebrity cruise......we have been on many royal and carnival cruise. We enjoy the party atmosphere......( by the pool and after hours bars and entertainment. )

My real question is.....is there really a big difference between royal/carnival and celebrity?

Yes. Pretty geriatric crowd. I'm later 50's and it wasn't lively enough for us. Entertainment pretty non existent but had good disco party one night though. A lot of people attended. Wouldn't that be a suggestion to X to liven things up, at least at night?

Edited by blindrid

I'm in my early thirties and I'm open to fun but not actively looking for a party. Celebrity has always struck a nice chord in that sense for me and my husband. If you're looking for a livelier cruise with Celebrity, I'd honestly recommend an itinerary over St. Patrick's Day. Out of our (I think) five trips with Celebrity that specific cruise was exceptionally memorable for its much more laid back atmosphere. Not necessarily what I was expecting but fun and entertaining nonetheless! :D

Edited by ailetoile