Bus route

leelee16

Ok, I've looked all morning and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. So I'm hoping someone here can help me. Is there a link for the bus routes somewhere? I found one link....but it says it doesn't exist now.: confused: Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

the folks at Sunset House say the same thing about the 6/7 route

why is this?

Are the bus' run a wee bit differently than in the US ... are there no fixed schedules with a driver assigned to drive route 6 from X in the morning than for an 8 hour shift?

Why are they hit or miss?

You're the local expert Drew .... wazup?

There is a Public Transport Board that licenses the bus drivers and assigns routes. But each bus is a private business allowed to operate within the regulations of the PTB. So there is no overall coordinating body that owns the buses that would be needed to make a schedule work.

AFAICT the licensing does not include specific hours that a particular bus can or must operate. So if a given bus driver wishes, he can choose to start late, end early, or take a random day off. What he cannot do, as far as I know, is operate on a different route than the one to which he is licensed.

And, again as far as I know, a driver must carry a passenger to any point along the licensed route. But the East End and North Side buses are known to turn around and head back to town as soon as they are empty, even if they have only gone as far as Bodden Town. So relying on those buses in the outer districts is a bit difficult.

So why doesn't the PTB license more route 6&7 buses? I think it is a chicken-or-the-egg problem. Those routes rarely operate. Therefore the people in those areas do not look to the bus to meet their transport needs. So no one wants to operate those routes because there is no demand. So buses do not operate on those route. Repeat ad infinitum.