shuttle from Houston Hobby to Galveston

afairbro

I land at 11:10am on Feb 14, Saturday at Houston Hobby. What is the best way to get to Galveston?

Carnival transfers. Port of Galveston is different than some ports because it is about an hour drive each way (airport to cruise port). I have read on the Houston board that some of the limo services there are not very dependable. Are you going in the day of the cruise?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/galveston.aspx

Last May I used Royal Limo-Ask for Gene Rezzy. There were 4 of us. He took us in a very nice Suburban $100 from Houston to our hotel in Galveston. He was kind enough to even stop so we could get food and wine for cruise. We used him again after cruise from port back to Houston. He was on time and worth every penny. I liked that we were only customers in car both directions. Royal Limo 281-900-6765.

I'm cruising with a group of about 20 people, all first time cruisers. Some of us are on deck 1 and others are on deck 2. Less than four weeks now, so we're getting pretty excited!!

We are planning on flying in the day before and are still working out whether we want to spend the night in Houston or Galveston. We are thinking Galveston if we get an early enough flight.

I know the itinerary says we will dock in Galveston in the morning on the 19th, but does anyone have a good guess as to what time we will disembark? We were planning on flying out in the afternoon, but I want to make sure we have enough time to get to the airport. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm cruising with a group of about 20 people, all first time cruisers. Some of us are on deck 1 and others are on deck 2. Less than four weeks now, so we're getting pretty excited!!

We are planning on flying in the day before and are still working out whether we want to spend the night in Houston or Galveston. We are thinking Galveston if we get an early enough flight.

I know the itinerary says we will dock in Galveston in the morning on the 19th, but does anyone have a good guess as to what time we will disembark? We were planning on flying out in the afternoon, but I want to make sure we have enough time to get to the airport. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry, but I posted this to the wrong thread. What I meant to say was:

We are looking at one of us taking a cab from the airport to a car rental place rather than rent at the airport. For a group of five of us the cost of the rental car that way is way cheaper than a shuttle both ways even if you have to pay to park for the duration of our 5 day cruise. If it were just one or two of us though, I'd probably just do the cruiseline transfer and avoid the hassle of things.

Sorry, but I posted this to the wrong thread. What I meant to say was:

We are looking at one of us taking a cab from the airport to a car rental place rather than rent at the airport. For a group of five of us the cost of the rental car that way is way cheaper than a shuttle both ways even if you have to pay to park for the duration of our 5 day cruise. If it were just one or two of us though, I'd probably just do the cruiseline transfer and avoid the hassle of things.

Dear Blah,

since you have 5 people, I highly suggest that you book a limo (not a stretch limo). Just google it, you will find several companies that book cars, vans, etc. then the price is for the vehicle. You guys will come out ahead this way.

I noticed that you are on my Feb 14 cruise.

You asked about snorkeling, Chankanaab has equipment with great snorkeling from shore, (it may be free, not sure yet, this will be my first time at this location). I highly suggest that you get your own breathing tubes ($5), either bring it with you, or buy on Carnival at guest services the first day. I've learned the hard way....by getting sick by using snorkel equipment at these places.

• 2 weeks later...
Last May I used Royal Limo-Ask for Gene Rezzy. There were 4 of us. He took us in a very nice Suburban $100 from Houston to our hotel in Galveston. He was kind enough to even stop so we could get food and wine for cruise. We used him again after cruise from port back to Houston. He was on time and worth every penny. I liked that we were only customers in car both directions. Royal Limo 281-900-6765.

Hi, Cruzn,

I read your recommendation, and called Royal Limo. I actually talked with

Rezzy. Apparently, he must be a dispatcher, but said he doesn't drive.

He said if I could give him your name, he could give us your same driver.

Could you remember the dates in May when you used their services? I always

think a personal recommendation is the best way to choose.

I promise I would never use the info for anything other than the purpose than

stated above.

Thank you,

Cruzin Lady aka Carolynn texascruzinlady@yahoo.com

Edited by cruzin lady
delete very bottom part

Hi, Cruzn,

I read your recommendation, and called Royal Limo. I actually talked with

Rezzy. Apparently, he must be a dispatcher, but said he doesn't drive.

He said if I could give him your name, he could give us your same driver.

Could you remember the dates in May when you used their services? I always

think a personal recommendation is the best way to choose.

I promise I would never use the info for anything other than the purpose than

stated above.

Thank you,

Cruzin Lady aka Carolynn texascruzinlady@yahoo.com

, but he could give us that driver if he knew your name. He was very nice. Here is my email: texascruzinlady@yahoo.com. If you email me, I'll gladly identify

myself. I think it would help