pre cruise OBC question

innerfish

Hi all, I have a question. We have $300 OBC, it shows on our statement already, but can we use it for pre-cruise purchase? Like right now I want to book some shore excursions, or upgrade the drink package, can I use that OBC to do so? or I have to wait until we board the ship to do it.

Oh, and one more quick question, can we just upgrade one person's drink package or it has to be both of us together?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all, I have a question. We have $300 OBC, it shows on our statement already, but can we use it for pre-cruise purchase? Like right now I want to book some shore excursions, or upgrade the drink package, can I use that OBC to do so? or I have to wait until we board the ship to do it.

Oh, and one more quick question, can we just upgrade one person's drink package or it has to be both of us together?

Thanks in advance!!

No.... is the simple answer.

By definition, OBC (on-board credit) literally means it is "credit" to be used "on-board" the ship.

I don't know your prior cruise history, but if you are used to pre-booking excursions (as on Princess) and paying once on board, you are NOT able to do that on Celebrity. Anything you want to book pre-cruise, must be paid for in advance, generally using a credit card.

Hi all, I have a question. We have $300 OBC,Like right now I want to book some shore excursions, or upgrade the drink package, can I use that OBC to do so?

Thanks in advance!!

Vulcan and others are right about the excursions, but there is no need to upgrade your classic drink package in advance. They will be waiting for as you embark your cruise and will upgrade to the premier package for (I believe) $10 per day charged to your account and covered by OBC. Enjoy your cruise.

Vulcan and others are right about the excursions, but there is no need to upgrade your classic drink package in advance. They will be waiting for as you embark your cruise and will upgrade to the premier package for (I believe) $10 per day charged to your account and covered by OBC. Enjoy your cruise.

$10.00 + 15%= $11.50 pd to upgrade. We wait till on board so we can use some of our OBC to cover the cost. We also wait to book speciality resturants and most tours, since nothing we book before getting on the ship, ie: pre cruise can be paid for with the OBC.

EW