Rhapsody of the Seas Barcelona to Santos 19/11/15

damon31

Good afternoon

My partner and I are booked on to this cruise in November

We are wondering if there are any other Gay guys/girls onboard ?

This will be our 3rd Transatlantic with RCCL although first time on Rhapsody and we are very much looking forward to it as it's the first time we've been to South America.

On previous cruises we've met some great guys/girls onboard and we are hoping this will be no different

Damon & Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Damon and Ross-

No we are not on this sailing, but we're looking forward to meeting you on the INDY T/A! Our very first cruise was on the Rhapsody OTS. We had such an amazing time that we wondered if it was just a fluke or was cruising always so much fun. So. Six weeks later we did the exact same cruise and varied our port of call adventures. We were hooked on cruising! What made the first cruise so incredible was the staff, singers and dancers. They took us bar hopping in Key West and we had a riot! I doubt that any of them are still onboard, as that was 10 years ago, but the Rhapsody will always be special to us. In two weeks, we will be on Splendour, as she crosses the Atlantic. We tend to favor the "less than mega" size ships.

Hi Damon and Ross,

I just book this cruise yesterday and glad to see there are some fellow travelers on board. I am traveling solo, no partner and no friends interested in a trans Atlantic crossing by ship. Most of my travels have been solo so I now kind of prefer it.

Spain and Brasil are my favorite countries in Europe and South America so this cruise is a great way to visit both on one trip. I also will be visiting Argentina since I fly home from Buenos Aires.

I plan to be in Barcelona for several days before the cruise and might add on another city before Barcelona.

After the cruise I know I will be a few days in Sao Paulo. I like the city and always have a good time there. It's a big city, but most of the places of interest to me are easy to reach walking or by the metro.

I am looking into Uruguay as a potential stop, Montevideo looking to be interesting and very gay friendly.

Another potential stop is Florianopolis, the gay beach destination for Brasil and Argentina. I have friends I can visit there so it is high on my list.

I see it is your first visit to South America so if you have any questions, I might be able to help you as I have been there several times.

I look forward to meeting you onboard.

Steven

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steven

Lovely to hear from you and good see other likeminded on board

We will be arriving in to Barcelona the day before the cruise and staying for the night near the port

The only stop on this cruise we have been to before is Funchal so we are really looking forward to visiting new destinations.

I'm especially looking forward to Rio, where I think we are going to book on to RCCL's full day trip as this way we will get to see the important sights

The rest of ports we will most probably self explore on foot/bus as we normally do, this way you can see things at your own pace (and stop for a couple of drinks / lunch at leisure)

Post cruise we are booked to fly to Manaus where we will be picking up a 4 night Iberostar Amazon river cruise and exploring the Amazon rainforest before returning to São Paulo for a couple of nights

Only 200 days now (we've had this booked for over a year now so this is now getting close to us .. Lol)

See you on board :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

We will also do this TA Crossing. It will be our 2nd TA Cruise and we booked this cruise because we enjoy spending days at sea.

Have you already something planned for Recife? In Rio we will do a tour to Niteroi.

Unfortunately we have to leave Brazil after arriving in Sao Paulo.

See you on board.

Helmut & Alexander

Hey guys,

I have been looking for tours in Recife but there doesn't appear to be any local companies arranging trips, we are going to try and arrange something upon arrival depending what time we clear immigration etc

We have booked an independent Tuk Tuk tour for Lisbon and in Rio we have managed to find a local guide and booked an 8 hour day tour covering all the major tourist sites.

We look forward to meeting you on board in just 4 weeks time now :-)

Damon & Ross