Question for Bonnie - Ports in Manila and Okinawa

sandyss

Hi Bonnie. Could you please find out where the Quest will be docking in Manila and Okinawa for the February 17 departure for the Asian Kaleidoscope itinerary?

Pier # for Port of Manila

Which port in Okinawa

Thanks so much.

My copy of "Pursuits" confirms my recollection that Journey docked at Naha Port/Tomari Wharf in Naha during our port call at Okinawa last 22 February... I seem to recall there was an earlier thread here--don't recall but perhaps one that you initiated--inquiring about ship shuttle service in Okinawa; the information that 2fromTO provided in response at that time was premised upon arrival at the same Naha location...

Sorry that I can't help with Manila; it's still on my "To Do" List!

Wishing you and Shel a safe/thoroughly enjoyable adventure, Sandy... Hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since we expected to sail from Shanghai to Hong Kong together... Still looking forward to sailing in your good company again; surely I'll be thinking of you as I return to South America and reexplore Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Punta del Este next month...

Be well; travel well...

--Mike

Edited by Xport

Hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since we expected to sail from Shanghai to Hong Kong together... Still looking forward to sailing in your good company again; surely I'll be thinking of you as I return to South America and reexplore Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Punta del Este next month...

Be well; travel well...

--Mike

Enjoy your cruise in South America. Those ports were great. Are you going to get to Iguazu Falls again? I remember that you had very little time there when you took the ship's one-day tour.

Hopefully our paths will cross again on another cruise.

OP, last month the Quest docked at Pier 15 in Manila, and I believe that is where it will dock in your itinerary. It's an industrial pier.

Two bands of local musicians and dancers greeted us when we arrived to Manila, and two marching bands put on a show on our departure. There were some shops at the pier (under tents) right in front of the ship and a money changer. There is no ATM machine at the Pier 15 building, you have to leave the pier for that.

The ship offered a free shuttle bus to a shopping mall, every half an hour. We did not go. The mall is south of Pier 15 and one of the largest in the world.

To go to Intramuros or anywhere else on your own, you need to negotiate with your taxi driver before you get in the car. The ladies at the shops by our ship told us that it would be 50 pesos to go to Intramuros from Pier 15. When we walked out of the pier, we got a lot of outrageous offers in the $20 USD range, which we refused. Taxi drivers outside the pier area tried to sell tours of Manila, which we did not want. We finally found a taxi driver who quoted 200 pesos to take us to Intramuros. That's approximately $4.50. Four times what locals allegedly pay, but much less than the $20 offers.

Intramuros is north of Pier 15. Walkable distance, but there's lots of traffic (cars, Jeepneys, trucks, motorcycle and bycicle trishaws) and then there's a huge traffic circle (roundabout) just about when you get to Intramuros so, no, walking did not seem like an option to us.

Pier 15 is one of the stops for Jeepney buses, but we did not feel adventurous enough to take one of them. Transport by (very nice) Jeepney was offered to and from the Azamazing event in Intramuros -- we got to ride in one on the way back to the ship.

I wrote a review of our cruise, with information about what we did in Manila and the Azamazing evening. If you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy your cruise -- wonderful itinerary!

Hi Bonnie. Could you please find out where the Quest will be docking in Manila and Okinawa for the February 17 departure for the Asian Kaleidoscope itinerary?

Which port in Okinawa

Thanks so much.

Hi Sandyss, I've requested this info for you. I should hear by tomorrow.

Bonnie

Which port in Okinawa

Thanks so much.

Hi Sandyss, here is info on Manila. I'm still waiting for info on Okinawa.

PIER 15, MUELLE DE SAN FRANCISCO STREET, SOUTH HARBOR, PORT AREA MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Bonnie

Thank you so much Bonnie. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Bonnie

Another question about ports Wheredoes the ship dock in Osaka . Is this the same port that the Journey used last year when its propeller was damaged.

I want to know if this is near the Tenzoan bus stop . Thanks. Karen

Hi Bonnie

Another question about ports Wheredoes the ship dock in Osaka . Is this the same port that the Journey used last year when its propeller was damaged.

I want to know if this is near the Tenzoan bus stop . Thanks. Karen

Here's what I received-

Osaka: Tempozan Wharf #3

Port Address: 11-8, Chikko 3-chome, Minato-ku, Osaka