Just off the Pride. Any questions?

jetexpress

Just off the Pride this morning. Any questions?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How was the entertainment, and the BIG SHOWS in particular? I'm thinking of doing a "last minute" cruise aboard "Pride" before she leaves Tampa. THANKS for the answer.

"SKY"

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

I know the Pride just went through dry dock, is the ship showing wear and tear, despite the dry dock? Do the cabins have flat screen televisions? How is the new water slide? Any height or weight restrictions on the slide?

I am trying to decide whether I should book the Pride this summer. A ship that is in good shape adds to a positive experience IMO.

How was the entertainment, and the BIG SHOWS in particular? I'm thinking of doing a "last minute" cruise aboard "Pride" before she leaves Tampa. THANKS for the answer.

"SKY"

My wife and I both felt the daily schedule of entertainment/events was lacking compared to other Carnival ships we have been on.

As for the playlist production shows we saw Getaway Island and 88 Keys.

We do not care for the Playlist shows and Getaway Island just reinforced that opinion for us. 88 Keys was okay. The two main female vocalists were both sub-par though and took away from the lead male that actually did play the piano on and off throughout the show.

who was playing in the piano bar and were they good?

There was a female in there. We usually frequent the Piano Bar but never made it there this trip. So unfortunately I cannot give an opinion. Sorry.

Never seemed really crowded though.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

I know the Pride just went through dry dock, is the ship showing wear and tear, despite the dry dock? Do the cabins have flat screen televisions? How is the new water slide? Any height or weight restrictions on the slide?

I am trying to decide whether I should book the Pride this summer. A ship that is in good shape adds to a positive experience IMO.

Wear and tear- In the new 2.0 areas, everything is in very good condition. Areas away from 2.0 additions did not appear to have been touched during dry dock. For example, Butterflies lounge had very worn upholstery on the seats and several small rips and tears.

TV's - We were in cabin 8132 and it did have a flat screen. While walking by other cabins in our hallway they appeared to have flat screens as well.

Green Thunder Water Slide - I believe the height restriction was 42" or 48". Somewhere around there. No weight restriction that I saw.

Did the Red Frog Pub serve food? Did the RFP have outdoor seating?

Thanks.

We enjoyed this area quite a bit. A few trivia sessions were held in here along with the solo musicians playing acoustic style music. No food was offered. No outdoor seating. Fyi, Trivia winners in here won a 101 oz beer tube or a "Fish Bowl" drink instead of a Ship on a Stick.

Edited by jetexpress

We enjoyed this area quite a bit. A few trivia sessions were held in here along with the solo musicians playing acoustic style music. No food was offered. No outdoor seating. Fyi, Trivia winners in here won a 101 oz beer tube or a "Fish Bowl" drink instead of a Ship on a Stick.

Thanks. Like the musicians who played the Breeze RFP. Were the trivia team only? I believe the Breeze made the teams be a minimum of 3 or 4 people.

Thanks. Like the musicians who played the Breeze RFP. Were the trivia team only? I believe the Breeze made the teams be a minimum of 3 or 4 people.

Nope. There were several people playing individually or as just a couple.

What didn't you like?

Overall a good cruise but there are always a few negatives.

On the exterior promenade on deck 3 there was no seating whatsoever. We usually enjoy laying in the loungers and reading down here.

I felt like staff was much slower to pick up empty drink cups and trash in areas away from Lido and Buffet area. For example, when someone left a bandaid wrapper near an elevator bank/staircase, it was there for 3 days before it was picked up.

Skip Lyons, the cruise director, did not offer Quest as an activity. However, announcements regarding jewelry, art auctions, spa offerings was kept to a minimum, in my opinion, and am very thankful for that!

Like I said earlier the playlist production show Getaway Island was not good at all. We did the Behind the Fun tour and the dance captain talked to us backstage for a while,in the Taj Mahal, on the tour. She said she has been with Carnival for 7 years and I got the impression even she thinks Playlist shows are a big cutback.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,I've been on Miracle,1st time Pride,thankful we can take the bus to Baltimore.

How is the buffet food vs MDR ? My husband likes eating in the buffet every meal, we go to the MDR if the menu is special. Formal night for instance.

Did you get off the ship, and what did you do in the ports?

Which tv channels were available?

We leave Halloween,I can hardly wait

Thanks for sharing your experiences,I've been on Miracle,1st time Pride,thankful we can take the bus to Baltimore.

How is the buffet food vs MDR ? My husband likes eating in the buffet every meal, we go to the MDR if the menu is special. Formal night for instance.

Did you get off the ship, and what did you do in the ports?

Which tv channels were available?

We leave Halloween,I can hardly wait

Both the Lido and MDR food was good. At dinner there was a little bit of overlap of what was offered. However, none of the cold soups were offered in Lido.

In Costa Maya, we stayed in the port area. Did some shopping and drinking. It was our first time there and admittedly I did not do enough pre cruise research to pick an excursion ahead of time.

Belize - again we tendered ashore just for some small shopping and then headed back to the ship because it rained on and off all day. Tendering was very quick with FTTF.

Roatan - We went to little french key. It is a great place. However, there was a mass influx of floating seaweed the night before we got there so the water was pretty much unusable most of the day. We originally booked the swim with a jaguar option but backed out after seeing the borderline abuse they put him through to get him out of the cage. Still, all the animals were great to look at and hold.

Grand Cayman - we did the Stingray, Turtles, and Hell excursion thru Carnival. It was great and never felt too overcrowded or rushed.

As for the TV channels, I remember ABC , NBC, CBS, CNN and discovery channel. There were a few others as well in addition to all the cruise ship channels.

Ah, thanks for that tip.

Did the Red Frog Pub serve food? Did the RFP have outdoor seating?

Thanks.

Oh wow! No food served in the Red Frog Pub? Carnival's website shows both the Ted Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar and the pub is supposed to have the "Pub Grub" menu. My boys were looking forward to that in August. Oh well, I am sure they will find plenty of other food to eat! 😀