Return Flight

Gary34

Anyone with experience leaving the Dream and flying out please help. I will make it a simple question. Is an 1130am flight too early? It would be in August FYI an we have FTTF.

Thanks

Edited by Gary34

I have never flown out after a cruise but have been in NOLA many times. I think you should be fine. It is about 30 minutes tops to the airport. Walk yourselves off, grab a taxi and go...if you leave by 9am you will be fine and I don't see that as being an issue unless the ship is late to dock.

We are having the same problem. Our return flight out of NOLA leaves at 11:10 am.

I talked to the RCI rep and she gave me their standard spiel about their police was not to fly before 12:00 noon.

There is nothing I can do; we are booked. I personally do not see a problem though. We just have to tell them on the ship and be one of the first ones to leave. I have even seen it where people take their own large luggage, incl. carry-on off she ship in the morning. But that really is too stressful for me.

You should not have any problems.

The pilots who bring the ship from the gulf into the Port Of New Orleans sail through fog, storms, etc., so weather seldom delays arrivals. There will be plenty of cabs at the port, and there is no construction going on between there and the airport.

Update-

I ended up finding a direct flight leaving a day later (Monday) that was several hundreds cheaper than leaving on Sunday. Plus I get an extra day in New Orleans to explore.:cool: Thanks for the replies!