Personal Belongings while on Excursions

michtrif

I wondered that same thing when we went to Dunn River Falls. I ended up taking a small cross body passport bag with my SeaPass, credit card, and a $20 in a plastic bag. The only other thing I took was my waterproof camera on a floaty leash. The camera I got was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25. I choose it because of the size- I wanted something pocket sized, the decent price- I caught it on sale for $130. The floatie leash was nice because when we were climbing, I just strapped the camera to my arm and then slide it to my hand when I wanted to take a picture. Plus, if I dropped it, the red floating leash would make it easy to find. I used it in the jet skis too. Hope that helps!

Edited by usckatieh

We never leave the ship without our cell phones! That is your lifeline if anything was ever to happen! I would rather risk of losing my phone then losing my line of communication in a foreign place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up using the waterproof case I posted about earlier in this thread. It kept my iPhone 100% dry. I was so glad I took it with me into the falls bc I got some amazing photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
So what happens to your personal belongings when you go on an excursion that is water-related?

We will be in Ocho Rios next week and I am nervous to leave my phone/wallet/seapass and other belongings behind while I am water rafting or climbing the falls.

I am sure they must have a plan... can anyone fill me in?

Leave most of that stuff on the ship. Take you sea pass, a CC, an ID and some cash, you don't need anything else. and keep it in a pocket that is zippered or velcroed.