Ramada Westshore - Area stores / taxi cost

CDNJehn

We are arriving quite late into Tampa next Friday and staying at Ramada Westshore ...

I'd like to get some juice/pop to bring onboard. Are there stores within walking distance from the hotel? Walgreen's, CVS, Walmart/Target, etc.

Does anyone know what the taxi fare from hotel to port will be? I know it's $25 from the airport...same from area hotels? I read online that the hotel has a port shuttle for $10/pp, which might be more cost effective. The closer to the cruise I get, the more I start pinching pennies that could buy drinks on board. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

International Plaza Mall is about a 10 minute walk north of your hotel with lots of shopping options; there is a Walgrens drug store about the same distance straight south. I would ask if the hotel shuttle can drop you off/pick you up.

Taxi to the port should be about $25+tip --guaranteed $25 if you shuttle back to the airport and cab from there, but that seems like overkill to possibly save $$

There is a 24 hour Shell Gas station right near the hotel. That would be the quickest place, if you think you may be able to get your items there.

In addition, there is also a Walgreens which is about a 5 - 10 min walk. That also is 24 hours.

http://www.walgreens.com/locator/walgreens-4651+w+kennedy+blvd-tampa-fl-33609/id=3743

If the hotel shuttle is only $10 pp and there is only two of you then that would be the most cost effective way to get to the port.

:)

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr