Newbie looking for info on NE ten day cruise

Hello and help. New to cruising, and CC. My family booked the Liberty of the Seas on Royal Caribbean for the ten day cruise to NE/Canada. Any and all info is appreciated - weather, do we need to dress for dinner, or is it all informal? Sodas? Drinks ? Dining tips? Excursions.... I need it all. Thanks ! We're booked for Aug-Sept 2015.

Hello and help. New to cruising, and CC. My family booked the Liberty of the Seas on Royal Caribbean for the ten day cruise to NE/Canada. Any and all info is appreciated - weather, do we need to dress for dinner, or is it all informal? Sodas? Drinks ? Dining tips? Excursions.... I need it all. Thanks ! We're booked for Aug-Sept 2015.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

You can find a lot of useful info for your specific sailing by joining your Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Roll Call. The Liberty of the Seas Roll Call boards can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398. Just search for your sail date.

All dining attire is for each evening is "suggested." On a 10 night cruise there are 2 suggested "formal" nights. But you're on vacation...be as formal as you are comfortable with!!! More info can be found here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

Gratuities are automatically added to your on board account daily (~$12 per day per person for a standard stateroom), unless you choose My Time Dining, then you will pay them ahead of time with final payment. You can add/detract from that amount as you deem appropriate, either by adjusting the daily charge or giving more in cash. Do be prepared to tip the baggage porters (~$1-2 per bag) when boarding and the room service worker if utilized.

Sodas are not included with the cruise, but an be purchased by the drink or a soda package (~$7 a day for an adult). You can pre pay for a package or buy one once on board. Water, coffee, iced tea, milk, juice with breakfast are included.

I did a NE/Canada cruise in Oct 13 and the weather was beautiful...just be sure to pack a light jacket for the evenings. It can be quite cool/breezy in the evenings.

You can book excursions pre-cruise or wait until on the ship. If you choose ship excursions, recommend booking a head of time to avoid the long lines at the shore excursion desk once on board. Just explore your sailing's ship excursion brochure and visit the NE/Canada port boards on Cruise Critic to see if any private excursions are more to your liking/cost effective. Just note, if a ship excursion is late, the ship will wait. If on a private excursion...they won't.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Wonderful relaxing cruise. We have done Canada/NE 3 times in 10 years and have just booked again for September. Most ports are easy to do on your own. I think less formal on formal nights than carribean cruises usually found nice short dress or dressy capris are enough. Like stated bring jacket

We did that cruise from NJ to Quebec a couple years ago. As was previously written, these ports are quite easy to do on your own. We booked almost all excursions through private companies and shared rental cars with others on the roll call. The airfare from Quebec back to NJ was a bit high. We took the train to Montreal and did an overnight there to see the city. Then we caught the Amtrak to NYC and had a driver pick us up and take us back to where we had our car park. The Amtrak train was very nice and relaxing and it saved quite a bit of money compared to flying. I agree with previous info on packing and finding info on the ports here on CC. We had "layers" and equipped ourselves with rain parka, umbrella and such. We used it a couple days - but for the most part weather was about 60 degrees or such. Have a good time.