Royal Refreshment Package question

palaemon

So snarky, lol. I wonder if you've ever bought a coke at a restaurant or an event and taken a sip and given the rest to your significant other. Such a cheat! :rolleyes:

That's a completely different situation and a pretty puerile attempt to deflect away from your own dishonesty. When you buy a coke at a restaurant or similar you're not entering into an agreement not to share it. With the drinks packages you are very explicitly agreeing not to share.

As I said in my earlier post if you choose to cheat that's up to you, but don't try and pretend you're not, or waste the time of the good people on these boards who patiently answer questions with your bull$*#t excuses.

or waste the time of the good people on these boards who patiently answer questions with your bull$*#t excuses.

Aside from you, I'd agree. I sure hope most of the people on the cruise I'm traveling on won't be as snotty as you are. I guess I'll share a drink or two that I paid for and deal with damnation to hell later. :rolleyes: Seriously, don't even bother "patiently" answering my question any further. I thanked the other people who answered politely without a lame attempt at a morality debate over a few damn drinks.

Aside from you, I'd agree. I sure hope most of the people on the cruise I'm traveling on won't be as snotty as you are. I guess I'll share a drink or two that I paid for and deal with damnation to hell later. :rolleyes: Seriously, don't even bother "patiently" answering my question any further. I thanked the other people who answered politely without a lame attempt at a morality debate over a few damn drinks.

Lol, I'm the only person you did thank as I was the only one to answer your question.

I'm not snotty just factual. Everyone can see that you have yet to come up with any actual reason as to why your behavior is ok. When I supply facts you seem to think that insulting me will convince people that you're right. Good luck with that.

Lol, I'm the only person you did thank as I was the only one to answer your question.

I'm not snotty just factual. Everyone can see that you have yet to come up with any actual reason as to why your behavior is ok. When I supply facts you seem to think that insulting me will convince people that you're right. Good luck with that.

1. You weren't the only person but judging by your attitude, its easy to see why you think you are.

2. I'm not trying to justify my reason. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about me handing my lady a drink or two that I've paid more than enough for.

3. I'm also not trying to convince anyone of anything. I asked a simple question. "Will I be able to?". The answer is yes and you can look down your nose at me all you'd like, I do not care. I'm 100% sure you don't bend the rules, ever, on anything.

Sorry I asked, honestly. :cool:

Should be noted that the original post is about Refreshment, which is soda only.

For the other question, if the package isn't going to work out financially, why get it? I ask the same question of my husband, who likes not thinking about it. Since I'm the only budgeting for it, I think about it, and it bugs me. Packages should be purchased if they will benefit you. This one won't benefit the person talking about giving drinks to his wife. So don't buy it. Go a la carte instead.

They used to require that everyone (eligible) in the room get the SAME package. So if I wanted the Premium package I would have to get it for me and DH. The DH that doesn't drink. :rolleyes: So I wouldn't have purchased that package at all. Ridiculous.

A bit over a year ago they eased up; they allowed people to buy the packages they needed. This is a wonderful, awesome, fabulous change.

A change that will be ruined if we start sharing packages. Let's not do that. Let's buy the packages that make sense for the individuals, and if a package doesn't make sense, buy the drinks as you go.

Won't a bartender help you out if a drink isn't enjoyed by the purchaser?

I completely agree with this. I used to think it was ridiculous that two people in a room had to have the same package. I'm happy they came out with drink packages at all. I love sparkling water but not specialty coffees and my husband is the opposite. I debated getting one premium and one ultimate package and we could share the coffee/sparkling water from the ultimate package but then I decided to just get 2 ultimate as neither hubby or myself want to feel like we are abusing the system. When that happens too much the system will change for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Natmom

We buy a soda package for everyone, in spite of the fact that some of us don't break even. We buy one even for those that don't break even just as a convenience. I agree with not cheating RCCL out of anything, but it would be nice if Royal had that same mindset toward us occasionally. We've followed and even defended them for all the small things they've done to increase their bottom line, at our expense. It's not like it's a family of four using the same soda card. We have some folks on this board that act like they work for Royal. I'm one of many that remember that when sodas were included. Then they were only included at dinner. Then they weren't included at all. We accepted it. We used to get fresh squeezed juice with breakfast. Now you are paying $4 for juice. We used to get 24/7 room service or free. Now it's $3.95 between midnight and 6 am. We used to get one chocolate on our pillow at turn down. Now those are gone. We used to get midnight buffets, then it went to snacks in public areas and now all of that is gone. We didn't get charged or missing towels. We've not only accepted these changes, but the vast majority on here defend any additional costs as necessary. While cruising is still a bargain vacation, the profits are driving the changes, not a few "cheaters." Ever noticed on the days they have the BBQ out by the pool that it looks like a yard sale with the tables and racks selling RCCL merchandise? How you can't get to the WJ without passing by the gold-by-the-inch table? I could go on, but the point is that acting as if a few passengers sharing are the ones that caused these changes to be implemented on everyone by cheating Royal Caribbean out of a profit is almost laughable. For all our loyalty, Royal has virtually assured that a new passenger traveling on a Royal ship is getting the same price as someone who is Diamond status because if you apply the discount or choose OBC, it amounts to the same price.

I am glad I found this thread. We normally purchase the soda package (I think it is called the Royal Refreshment). On our last cruise we decided to try the Royal Replenishment package. It was great, but we decide to go back to the soda only package. I tried to pre-order this yesterday for our upcoming cruise, but the Royal Refreshment was not there only a water package and the Royal Replenishment. Are they doing away with the soda package or can it only be book on board now.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Mary

We buy a soda package for everyone, in spite of the fact that some of us don't break even. We buy one even for those that don't break even just as a convenience. I agree with not cheating RCCL out of anything, but it would be nice if Royal had that same mindset toward us occasionally. We've followed and even defended them for all the small things they've done to increase their bottom line, at our expense. It's not like it's a family of four using the same soda card. We have some folks on this board that act like they work for Royal. I'm one of many that remember that when sodas were included. Then they were only included at dinner. Then they weren't included at all. We accepted it. We used to get fresh squeezed juice with breakfast. Now you are paying $4 for juice. We used to get 24/7 room service or free. Now it's $3.95 between midnight and 6 am. We used to get one chocolate on our pillow at turn down. Now those are gone. We used to get midnight buffets, then it went to snacks in public areas and now all of that is gone. We didn't get charged or missing towels. We've not only accepted these changes, but the vast majority on here defend any additional costs as necessary. While cruising is still a bargain vacation, the profits are driving the changes, not a few "cheaters." Ever noticed on the days they have the BBQ out by the pool that it looks like a yard sale with the tables and racks selling RCCL merchandise? How you can't get to the WJ without passing by the gold-by-the-inch table? I could go on, but the point is that acting as if a few passengers sharing are the ones that caused these changes to be implemented on everyone by cheating Royal Caribbean out of a profit is almost laughable. For all our loyalty, Royal has virtually assured that a new passenger traveling on a Royal ship is getting the same price as someone who is Diamond status because if you apply the discount or choose OBC, it amounts to the same price.

ALL. OF. FREAKING. THIS!!!

I'm one of those people that are "rule-followers" - it's who I am, but this post is important. My Parents-in-law feel that cruising should be the way it was in '83 or even '99. It's not. But the reason is NOT a few shared drinks.

Especially soda - the markup on that is ridiculous, even at fast food with free refills. I can't drink $55 worth of soda in a week - even if it's all day/night - which it's not.

But hey - I do it for the convenience.

I am glad I found this thread. We normally purchase the soda package (I think it is called the Royal Refreshment). On our last cruise we decided to try the Royal Replenishment package. It was great, but we decide to go back to the soda only package. I tried to pre-order this yesterday for our upcoming cruise, but the Royal Refreshment was not there only a water package and the Royal Replenishment. Are they doing away with the soda package or can it only be book on board now.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Mary

I just looked on my Cruise Planner for by Feb 15th 2015 sailing, and the options are still there.

Screen_Shot_2015_01_24_at_12_58_07_PM.png

122516052_ScreenShot2015-01-24at12_58_07PM.jpg.b4ecfd773ec42945555ed875f7bb2c20.jpg

On my enchantment cruise, I purchased the Royal Refreshment ahead of time, it wasn't taxed, and i was handed the cup upon check in with my seapass.

I wasn't sure I would break even, and I bought the package anyway because I am not one of those cruisers with endless credit cards who can put a diamond necklace on credit and continue to drink $300 worth of alcohol. I budget for my cruise. I save up ALL year to cruise... and even if i didn't break even it makes it much easier than to sit there "Okay, if I buy two more drinks I'll have $$$ left and I can still do this, but I don't know if I can afford this and eat here." It is so much easier to be able to just walk up and get something to drink than to worry about if I have enough money on my card

I'm thinking about getting the Royal Replenishment. Between the Coke and the virgin drinks, I think I will get my money's worth. I won't with the premium package.

My question: How much are shots? I will probably want to put a shot of rum in my virgin pina colada. Not all the time, one or two times a day.

What all comes with the Royal Replenishment Package? I know: Soda, virgin frozen drinks, bottled water, orange juice, specialty coffees. What else? Pineapple Juice? Starbucks? The RC website is pretty vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to get fresh squeezed juice with breakfast. Now you are paying $4 for juice. We used to get 24/7 room service or free. Now it's $3.95 between midnight and 6 am. We used to get one chocolate on our pillow at turn down. Now those are gone. We used to get midnight buffets, then it went to snacks in public areas and now all of that is gone. We didn't get charged or missing towels. We've not only accepted these changes, but the vast majority on here defend any additional costs as necessary. While cruising is still a bargain vacation, the profits are driving the changes, not a few "cheaters." Ever noticed on the days they have the BBQ out by the pool that it looks like a yard sale with the tables and racks selling RCCL merchandise? How you can't get to the WJ without passing by the gold-by-the-inch table? I could go on, but the point is that acting as if a few passengers sharing are the ones that caused these changes to be implemented on everyone by cheating Royal Caribbean out of a profit is almost laughable. For all our loyalty, Royal has virtually assured that a new passenger traveling on a Royal ship is getting the same price as someone who is Diamond status because if you apply the discount or choose OBC, it amounts to the same price.

Royal has been Squezing (SP?) every angle they can for Money Its getting annoying. You can still get FREE Orange Juice BUT it is CRAP in in INFERIOR TO TANG. Cutting out Chocolates was just cheap, I can understand the charing for missing towels

What all comes with the Royal Replenishment Package? I know: Soda, virgin frozen drinks, bottled water, orange juice, specialty coffees. What else? Pineapple Juice? Starbucks? The RC website is pretty vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Package is Also Valid at Labadee, Hati