Gem Cabin Options - SE Category

NoDayButToday00

SE cabins are similar to the SF - but are forward instead of aft. All of the forward suites are under the bridge area so you can't have lights on at night - so in the cabin you must draw the heavy curtains across the front windows at night. The two inner cabins (10000,10500) have a bump out due to the bridge above them. These rooms are slightly larger and have a larger sofa. I am not sure about the same two cabins on deck 9.

I know there are several posts with pictures of other Jewel class ships - other than the colors -the room layout is the same.

We love the forward SE suites. We sailed on the Dawn a few years ago in 10500 and loved it so much, we booked the Gem for 2/27 in the same cabin. The room is bigger because of the bumb out under the bridge and the balcony is still huge. You could fit 20 people out there and still have room to spare. The curtains will be closed by the steward at turndown. After getting ready for bed, we would just open them so we could wake up to a great view of the sea. We also used the balcony everyday. 10000 is the same. I would choose either one if available.

Genman.

I agree that 10000 and 10500 are the best, and we always try to book them way in advance, the views are just fantastic, and the larger couch is very comfortable.

You can check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/magickpyggie/sets to get some idea of the views from Gem, Jade and Jewel. Deck 9 doesn't benefit from the bump out. Never had an issue at night.

It seems the best rooms are 10500 and 10000. Those are both gone for the 10/20 sailing. My choices are any of the SEs on Deck 9 or 10502 or 10002.

Any thoughts on those? I understand the bridge overlooks the balcony on 10. Does Deck 9 allow for more privacy? Any 2nd best rooms since we missed out on the Holy Grail of SEs?

Just as a note, we considered the SFs but wanted the larger balcony. In Your opinion is this the better choice?

If you are sailing out of New York, I would go for 10002 or 10502, we have never had issues being overlooked by the bridge, and the views are fantastic. We are in an SF on our next cruise, so will post images from that soon after. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems the best rooms are 10500 and 10000. Those are both gone for the 10/20 sailing. My choices are any of the SEs on Deck 9 or 10502 or 10002.

Any thoughts on those? I understand the bridge overlooks the balcony on 10. Does Deck 9 allow for more privacy? Any 2nd best rooms since we missed out on the Holy Grail of SEs?

Just as a note, we considered the SFs but wanted the larger balcony. In Your opinion is this the better choice?

We've had both. On our last cruise we were in 10000 on the Pearl. The cabin is larger because of that bump out and, while the balcony is huge, we found we didn't use it as much as we did when in the SF aft suites. It is windy when your at sea unless your sitting down. We've decided we prefer aft and that's what we booked for our next cruise.

I'm not sure about the privacy issue but I would guess deck 9 would be better if that's a concern.