Ironing your clothes

dirkuys

Thank you for all your reponses on my previous postings. One more question before we're start packing......do I need to bring my own iron with me, or do Carnival provide irons for the guests? We'll be on the Ecstacy.

Carnival ships have laundry rooms on every or every other deck. These rooms have washers, dryers, boards and irons. Pax are NOT allowed to bring their own irons [fire hazard]. Also you can have the ships laundry people do your ironing, pressing, laundry, for a small fee.

Dan

I bring a Green Pot Scrubber with me. The bottom of the iron many times need to be cleaned due to people using it on too high of a setting. A pot scrubber in cold water used on the bottom of the iron while warm, don't burn yourself, works well in cleaning the bottom. I do my ironing the first night to avoid the rush.

I used the washer/dryers once and the iron a few times. They didn't seem to be in demand much, even on formal night. Of course, you can never tell, but if you're careful not to wait until the last minute, I'm sure you can find a time when it's free without much of a problem.

Note: it took me a few seconds of confusion to figure this out, but in addition to the on/off/heat setting on the iron, you also have to turn on the master power switch/timer mechanism that the iron is connected to. You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure, but you'll see it when you get there.

I set aside 20 minutes on the first day at sea, and hit the laundry room. Most people are not thinking about ironing until they "have to" (ie:formal night). I have never encountered ANYONE in the laundry room on the first day. I give a quick press to shorts, tees, formal wear, etc.

Archived