Cirque de Soleil?

deaconlar

I will be on the Constellation next month and I would appreciate feed back if you have seen the above mentioned show. I have heard both pro and con reports and am still undecided, so I would welcome your opinion.

Thanks

Larry

I will be on the Constellation next month and I would appreciate feed back if you have seen the above mentioned show. I have heard both pro and con reports and am still undecided, so I would welcome your opinion.

Thanks

Larry

If you are already on the Connie ,I'm sure you will have an opportunity to check it out . What do you have to lose?

Personally,I went a few times and considered it to be horribly stupid.

Thanks

Larry

Hi Larry,

I have participated in the very first "show" - which I think 'they' call experience, because it is not a show. That was back in Dec of last year - I did not like it.

I have read the same as you, that 'they' have 'improved' a lot - some say.

I have also seen many posts (probably the same ones that you have seen) that some people love it and some hated and some could care less

You will be the judge regardless what anyone else likes or thinks.

Even that I did not like the 'experience' last year I am still booked for December 2005 on the same ship regardless of the Cirgue de Soleil.

I miss the old way that the lounge used to look but I will make the best of what is offered.

Wes

We were on the Connie in May in the Baltics. The first night was very different from the rest. There was more energy and and a fantastic contortionist. The other nights were all the same with an "experience" with about 4 characters.

These shows are not to be confused with the shows you might see in Las Vegas or at a auditorium in your town.

This is a new venture for Cirque de Soleil.

BTW, you don't need masks to see the show.

is it necessary to wear white ? I thought that I needed a mask and I bought one. Thanks.

No, not necessary but suggested. Mask optional. If you have it wear it. You can also have free face painting done while there.

I have been to the experience a few times. Suggest going on "White Night" for more action from performers.

It's something to do and it's free, so take advantage of it. Not everyone enjoys it, but that's life. Some would not come at all if not for the Cirque name.

The bands that played the lounge prior to Cirque being there had sparse crowds many nights even though they played great music. That's why I can understand Celebrity trying to attract more people with something different.

Just go and see for yourself.

im still a little stung that they tried to charge $30 per person for this experience. what a joke.

Hi Brad !

You are right about the initial charge. However, Celebrity backed off of the 30.00 charge almost immediately. IMHO, you have to give them credit for that wise decision.

One thing I am noticing about Celebrity these days... they are MUCH more responsive to customer requests, than ever before. I give credit to Mr. Hanrahan and Celebrity Management for these changes. It is very refreshing, and exciting to see.

My feeling was that Celebrity should have hired the sales person from Cirque - what a sales job they did. It's hard to believe that as difficult as it must be for an act to be sold to Celebrity, that they succeeded in doing it with this one. Great waste of time and space. In spite of the fact that a lot of people know or have been told, that it's not the usual Cirque "show", the name gets them there anyhow - at least once. I love this quote from an earlier post:

"Personally, I went a few times and considered it to be horribly stupid."

Must be a glutton for punishemnt. Nothing has changed at least through June when we were on Constellation. It's still billed as an "experience", and that it is!! A really dumb one.

My feeling was that Celebrity should have hired the sales person from Cirque - what a sales job they did. It's hard to believe that as difficult as it must be for an act to be sold to Celebrity, that they succeeded in doing it with this one. Great waste of time and space. In spite of the fact that a lot of people know or have been told, that it's not the usual Cirque "show", the name gets them there anyhow - at least once. I love this quote from an earlier post:

"Personally, I went a few times and considered it to be horribly stupid."

Must be a glutton for punishemnt. Nothing has changed at least through June when we were on Constellation. It's still billed as an "experience", and that it is!! A really dumb one.

Shamrock, I am in the same group of the ones that 'love it or hate it' as you are.

We were 'invited' (it was Captain's Club cruise) with bunch of others to the very first official 'preview' "experience", they even gave us free masks and free drinks and some very fancy 'programs' - wife walked out after about 20 minutes and I stayed there maybe another 20 minutes - it was not something that I like.

This particular "experience" was attended even by the COO ( apeared to be a very nice person) - and guess what - he left Celebrity just a few months later .......official reason for leaving was of course artificial......but did he pay the price for someones very good 'sales job' ???

Contract is a contract, .....so I think, he paid for it with his departure. I hope that I am wrong.

Wes

Archived