distance from West End to West Bay?

runner5

In one of the threads someone suggested to walk from West End to West Bay instead of the Ferry. Does anyone know what the distance is? How long it would take to walk it? That sounds like a great idea. I'm not one to sit around and love to explore but yet I still would be on the beach.

In one of the threads someone suggested to walk from West End to West Bay instead of the Ferry. Does anyone know what the distance is? How long it would take to walk it? That sounds like a great idea. I'm not one to sit around and love to explore but yet I still would be on the beach.

It depends in where you start in West Bay and where you stop on the other and but figure between 35 and 50 mins. I takes be 35 mins. There is at last one challenging bit where ya need scramble over rocks or perhaps get wet.

There have also be reports of people getting stopped and robbed along the very quiet beach.

The "ferry" is more water taxi, very small. open boats. :0)

Thank you Guest!!! I'm assuming you are not advocating the walking? I have read MANY of your posts, they are VERY helpful, THANK YOU!

I no longer do the walk solo but I am happy to follow close enough to a group of people. Mind, I don't take anything I am not willing to loose.

I am pleased to be of help.

Enjoy the island.