Got a call tonight. Not for a direct upgrade but

ajee622

I think "jerk" is harsh...

Also it's difficult to suggest in my opinion that he has to move and if he doesn't "karma" will find him. I mean honestly, we don't know how long ago he booked. He didn't know he did something wrong when booking. He stated he booked a room that said it slept 3-4. Called the PVP the pvp honored the request of putting him in this room. I fail to see how the OP did anything wrong. He has 3 people, he is in the parameters for booking this room, he has 3. It's not like he booked with 2 in the room.

What if he picked this room a year in advance? Someone else comes along for an almost sold out ship and says they want that cabin so they can be near someone? No that's not right.

I mean I don't get to make an airline reservation and then call the airline and say well I really want this flight but I waited until the last minute to book my flight and now theres no seats and I can't sit in my desired location near my spouse. Please fix it.

This is ridiculous.

My point exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not trying to sound like an ass but carnival can look up how much I've spent over my last 4 cruises in 3 years. Also I could've gotten an interior room and paid a fraction of what I'm paying. They know when I go on vacation I don't mind spending it because I'm on vacation.

$100 is an insult especially considering their upcharge for everything else on board. I mean really what does $100 get me, an afternoon of drinking.

You are right they can choose to move me and if they do I'll still go on my cruise and probably send my business somewhere else next time.

It's not my fault someone booked late with their family and now all of a sudden they can't get the cloud 9 spa balcony. I'm sure there are other rooms available for them. Again why would I move. I wouldn't expect to inconvenience someone else because I was late to the game. But maybe that's because I'm a nice person.

I booked a cruise over a year in advance. We had a major life change and about six week prior to the cruise need to change dates. This was three balcony staterooms across from a handicap interior. I didn't ask anyone to move, I also didn't get my first pick of locations or even sail dates. My point is it may not have been poor planning. Sometime life happens.

You have made mention of how much you have spent on Carnival on your 4 cruises in 3 years. How do you know the person booking hasn't spent more? That really shouldn't factor into the equation. I will have had ten cruises in less than 4 years all but one have been balconies. I have also paid for three other rooms on two others cruises. So that is 16 cruise fares I guess by your logic I should be asking all kinds of favors of Carnival.

Please, am I correct that the stateroom Carnival wants to move you to is exactly the same? I am at a loss to understand why you wouldn't move.

I booked a cruise over a year in advance. We had a major life change and about six week prior to the cruise need to change dates. This was three balcony staterooms across from a handicap interior. I didn't ask anyone to move, I also didn't get my first pick of locations or even sail dates. My point is it may not have been poor planning. Sometime life happens.

You have made mention of how much you have spent on Carnival on your 4 cruises in 3 years. How do you know the person booking hasn't spent more? That really shouldn't factor into the equation. I will have had ten cruises in less than 4 years all but one have been balconies. I have also paid for three other rooms on two others cruises. So that is 16 cruise fares I guess by your logic I should be asking all kinds of favors of Carnival.

Please, am I correct that the stateroom Carnival wants to move you to is exactly the same? I am at a loss to understand why you wouldn't move.[/quote

If I had a major life change I probably wouldn't go on a cruise. It would probably be the last thing I want to do.

That's fine if the other person spent more than me and I'm sure they have considering carnival is asking me to move.

If paid for 16 cruises in 4 years then yes I would expect something extra in return.

Why would I move? That's the better question. Or better yet. Why wouldn't that person choose a different cabin?? Carnival I'm sure can find them a balcony and just give them spa passes.

I

Edited by ajee622

Not trying to sound like an ass but carnival can look up how much I've spent over my last 4 cruises in 3 years. Also I could've gotten an interior room and paid a fraction of what I'm paying. They know when I go on vacation I don't mind spending it because I'm on vacation.

$100 is an insult especially considering their upcharge for everything else on board. I mean really what does $100 get me, an afternoon of drinking.

You are right they can choose to move me and if they do I'll still go on my cruise and probably send my business somewhere else next time.

It's not my fault someone booked late with their family and now all of a sudden they can't get the cloud 9 spa balcony. I'm sure there are other rooms available for them. Again why would I move. I wouldn't expect to inconvenience someone else because I was late to the game. But maybe that's because I'm a nice person.

Ok I am a little confused about this whole scenario? First off nobody on this forum has any idea as to the real reason for Carnival asking this family to move rooms so I am not sure why people are name calling and saying they "hate people like that" Really? It is all guessing at this point.

Second, and just a thought if it is so another family can be together than why can the other family not book 2 interior rooms across or side by side or oceanview or regular balconies ? Why do they need Spa balconies if they are not available? Can Carnival not simply tell them there are no Spa balconies available together you will need to book another catogory?But again this is based on stipulation. Noone knows why this is happening.

Bottom line, it is, in the end your decision whether to move or not , no one elses. Im just not really sure why people are being cruel about it ! I know you came on here to get other people's opinion and see if similar instances had happened to others but I bet your were not expecting the nastiness.

Anyway, I hope you have a great cruise reardless of what you do !

I would move. If nothing else, just because it's the nice thing to do. $100 buys you an afternoon of drinking? Great! That's a free afternoon of drinking! Woohoo!

The rooms are the same. They're neither more forward nor aft of each other, they're not on different decks, they have the same amenities. It shouldn't be a hardship.

It's not like you're on board, unpacked, and have already dirtied the linens and towels. It is not an inconvenience to you in any way.

Personally, I'd rather move with my knowledge than to have Carnival move me without my consent and NOT get $100. Which is their right.

I guess it's all in your perspective. Doing the nice thing, or sticking to your guns. :::Shrugs::::

Edited by BK512

I would probably never cruise with them again if they did it. Would give me a better reason to try royal or celebrity.

Carnival is doing the OP a huge favor. Celebrity once moved our cabin when we checked in at the dock. To say we were upset would be an big understatement.

I did a lot of research re: the cabin we booked for an upcoming cruise. I deliberately chose port side so that I can sit on the balcony and watch as we sail in/out of ports. Lots have commented that it is great to be able to do that (and this will be our first balcony cabin). I also deliberately chose to be under the Shore Excursion desk because those supposedly have little noise. Cabin side and location is important to me, and I paid the fare to get to choose (not for them to choose for me, which was markedly less).

Whatever you decide, best wishes for a great vacation!

My point exactly!!

OP, you do NOT need to move if you don't want to. I think you should hold out for more. If these other people need a particular room, they can look on another floor.

You chose this room for whatever reason, and if they want you to move, they can pony up. You don't owe them or the other passengers anything :)

OP, you do NOT need to move if you don't want to. I think you should hold out for more. If these other people need a particular room, they can look on another floor.

You chose this room for whatever reason, and if they want you to move, they can pony up. You don't owe them or the other passengers anything :)

Yeah I've called back to see if they can offer more but no one answers. Go figure.

I'm still dying to know the reason now too. Maybe I'll never know

Yeah I've called back to see if they can offer more but no one answers. Go figure.

I'm still dying to know the reason now too. Maybe I'll never know

Just curious. Would the reason matter and would it persuade you to move for the original offer or is it still a game of how much you can milk this for?

I guess both parties involved could do the "nice" thing.

One "nice" thing is not asking someone to switch cabins just so you can book that particular location. If there is no availably on that floor, book another location. It's a big ship. I am sure there are other cabins available. The early bird get the worm so to speak.

Another "nice" thing is for the OP to move if the cabin offered is the same or better. Which is "nicer" I honestly do not know. :confused:

I guess I am a simple person. If the room was not available, I would book another location. I wouldn't ask my PVP to ask the person in the cabin to switch for me.

Edited by adriennerm

Just curious. Would the reason matter and would it persuade you to move for the original offer or is it still a game of how much you can milk this for?

Yes. For example if it was an older couple on their 50th anniversary, they want a nice room. I'd move and not even take the $100 or bottle of wine.

If it's a family that just wants an extra room for their 4 kids then no I wouldn't move. It's a spa cabin and should be enjoyed by people wanting to use the spa. Imo if it's a family they should book another balcony and just get the passes.

Edited by ajee622

Yes. For example if it was an older couple on their 50th anniversary, they want a nice room. I'd move and not even take the $100 or bottle of wine.

If it's a family that just wants an extra room for their 4 kids then no I wouldn't move. It's a spa cabin and should be enjoyed by people wanting to use the spa. Imo if it's a family they should book another balcony and just get the passes.

Well since the room you are being offered still holds 4 people, then a family can book that one so I doubt by you not moving, that it will keep kids (which you have as well) out of the Spa class rooms. That leads me to believe that they may have already reserved the room next to yours (or several in a row), or possibly have the kids across the hall. So all I am saying is, it may be in your best interest to move. It's not like you are personally attached to that room ie: it holds special memories, etc. It may be a blessing in disguise. Just do it. It may be you that needs a favor one day.

And I don't blame the person or Carnival for asking. You never know when you may run into a kind, understanding, unselfish person. Which I think the majority of people are.

the cabins in play are not spa cabins

Aren't they?

Edited by firemanbobswife

I'm glad I'm not on this ship with you because obviously your attitude will be seen all over this ship....

How dare you say they should have booked earlier.. You have no clue what they are going thru or have gone thru.. We had a cruise booked found out we were pregnant and would be past the cut off that carnival will allow you to cruise so we canceled then we lost the baby at 25 weeks after 2 weeks in a trauma unit so we decided to take the cruise for me to have something to focus on.. DON'T EVER judge another person that is not your place.. Carnival is being nice to even offer you onboard credit that to me is above and beyond.. Jerk is a nice name for you because I could come up with a few not so nice names...

Yikes. While I agree some people are more go with the flow than others, I don't think it is fair to judge the OP on this. It is their perogative. And I do think it makes a difference why they need the room. If the in need family just didn't book until now and wants that room, no bueno (especially since the alternate room is the same)...If it was a mess up on Carnival's part somehow, I'd want some type of something to make it right. If it was some type of room change for the other person due to an unforseen issue, sure. For me, it does depend. We all have our definition of fair and I don't think it is fair to judge the OP based on their reasoning.

I'm glad I'm not on this ship with you because obviously your attitude will be seen all over this ship....

How dare you say they should have booked earlier.. You have no clue what they are going thru or have gone thru.. We had a cruise booked found out we were pregnant and would be past the cut off that carnival will allow you to cruise so we canceled then we lost the baby at 25 weeks after 2 weeks in a trauma unit so we decided to take the cruise for me to have something to focus on.. DON'T EVER judge another person that is not your place.. Carnival is being nice to even offer you onboard credit that to me is above and beyond.. Jerk is a nice name for you because I could come up with a few not so nice names...

This posting is so over the top as to laughable. It reminds me of the DIS boards when someone screams "hidden disability". Seriously your loss ( and I'm sorry) has nothing to do with the OP.

In the same token( if your going to use your argument ) that could apply to the OP.. No one knows what they have gone through etc.

Truth of the matter the OP shouldn't have to move for whatever reason . The other parties circumstances or poor planning does not mean the OP is a jerk if he stays put.

This posting is so over the top as to laughable. It reminds me of the DIS boards when someone screams "hidden disability". Seriously your loss ( and I'm sorry) has nothing to do with the OP.

In the same token( if your going to use your argument ) that could apply to the OP.. No one knows what they have gone through etc.

Truth of the matter the OP shouldn't have to move for whatever reason . The other parties circumstances or poor planning does not mean the OP is a jerk if he stays put.

HAHA yes I guess it is over the top just rubbed me wrong when he made the comment about they should have booked earlier.. Yes we had a loss and it may not have nothing to do with him but the greed of $700 really got me when they may just need to be close to their kids make more sense to ask 1 person to move versus 5 or 6 people.. I just think carnival is being to even offer when they don't have to ask... Sorry to rant like I did just rubbed me wrong...

Who's to say the OP isn't "going through something" as well? Just because they haven't disclosed a reason (which they have NO obligation to do so) doesn't mean they don't have their reasons for wanting to keep that room. Lay off people.