Another Kick for UK Cruisers!

Gilpet

Thanks a lot Royal Caribbean. We read a lot on these boards about booking through a US travel agent as I think we're all agreed that the prices and offers are better................well, apparently, not any more. I just looked at a US site to price a cruise for this year and this was the message that came up on screen "Please note: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara no longer allow agents based in the U.S. and Canada to quote customers outside that region. We do have some non-U.S.-based agencies who are able to offer quotes, but this may reduce the number of responses you receive. We apologize for any inconvenience.".

The "story" has always been that by booking in the UK we have extra protection in place because of ABTA, I would have thought it was then up to us whether we wanted to forego that protection and book though a US TA but obviously RC disagrees. How long do they think they can carry on discriminating against UK passengers in this way before we move to other lines? Has anybody else come across this?

Gill

Thanks a lot Royal Caribbean. We read a lot on these boards about booking through a US travel agent as I think we're all agreed that the prices and offers are better................well, apparently, not any more. I just looked at a US site to price a cruise for this year and this was the message that came up on screen "Please note: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara no longer allow agents based in the U.S. and Canada to quote customers outside that region. We do have some non-U.S.-based agencies who are able to offer quotes, but this may reduce the number of responses you receive. We apologize for any inconvenience.".

The "story" has always been that by booking in the UK we have extra protection in place because of ABTA, I would have thought it was then up to us whether we wanted to forego that protection and book though a US TA but obviously RC disagrees. How long do they think they can carry on discriminating against UK passengers in this way before we move to other lines? Has anybody else come across this?

Gill

There is only the odd one or two US TAs who will not accept bookings from UK cruisers.

I have booked with a US TA for years.

There is only the odd one or two US TAs who will not accept bookings from UK cruisers.

I have booked with a US TA for years.

This is what I thought but I haven't seen this message before so I've assumed that it's new. Do you know if that's the case?

Gill

This is what I thought but I haven't seen this message before so I've assumed that it's new. Do you know if that's the case?

Gill

All I know is there are many US TAs out there who take bookings from non US clients. Perhaps certain agencies are no longer allowed/want/whatever, non US clients. :confused:

I was discussing a new booking with my US TA last night...no worries :D

All I know is there are many US TAs out there who take bookings from non US clients. Perhaps certain agencies are no longer allowed/want/whatever, non US clients. :confused:

I was discussing a new booking with my US TA last night...no worries :D

Thanks for the info. I see you have your e-mail address in your signature, would you mind if I e-mailed you?

Gill

Thanks for the info. I see you have your e-mail address in your signature, would you mind if I e-mailed you?

Gill

I see you have been on the Independence a lot, my brother and family are going on her next month, it will be their first time in the US and first caribbean cruise, they are just so excited.

I haven't been on the Indy for years, perhaps you could give me some tips to pass onto them, I look forward to chatting with you :D