Final payment options - through NCL or TA

ilovetotravel1977

Since we booked with a travel agent, do we have to contact her to arrange final payment? Or can I just call NCL or do it through My NCL like we can pay for the gratuities?

What if we forgot to call our TA on the 75 day to make the payment? Do we lose everything? Just curious as our TA isn't the most eager at returning phone calls and I have to natter her to do anything for us!

My TA contacts us about a week before final payment is due to get authorization for it and generally processes it a day or two early just in case there are any problems. She is a "real" person I actually know though, not a huge online TA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually contact my TA 1 week before the final payment date, just in case of some sort of screw up somewhere along the chain. Then I check my credit card on line to make sure the payment went through. If there is some sort of mess up, I still have time to do something about it. After months of planning and selecting the cabin I want, I don't want anything to go wrong.

Since we booked with a travel agent, do we have to contact her to arrange final payment? Or can I just call NCL or do it through My NCL like we can pay for the gratuities?

Depends on the TA, with some the payment link on MyNCL can be seen, on most it does not. Anyway, since the reservation is owned by the TA, usually they will handle the payment - ours also does it in advance before the actual final payment date set by NCL.

My TA is a real person, we usually get together to go over things about a week before final payment. We also meet again when the tickets arrive - they go to the TA. He works for his commissions and is darn good at what he does - he has been a cruise exclusive TA for at least 15 yrs now and knows all of the lines and ships and has a lot of history too. BTW he also enjoys cruise vacations:)