day in stj....how it worked for us....

searoses

Off the regal princess sunday....they do not offer a tour from crown bay that is diy like some of the other lines....checked out a virgin island website I belong to for tips on finding a rental...no one will reserve a jeep for the day....we have been to stj many times for land vacations so comfortable with driving....they suggested we ask the taxi drivers where to go....left the ship 9ish and told the driver we were hoped to make the 10am ferry....he dropped us first which was very nice....bought our tickets with a few minutes to spare...

Off the ferry and in only a minute my husband disappeared with someone to see about a jeep while I sat in the park...15 min later he pulls up in a wrangler and off we went....first to the smoothie truck high up where we met a young woman from maine making the smoothies...this part of our ritual....last visit our 5yo grandson was with us and he had his first smoothie....a donkey strolled over to try and share it...off to maho bay ,our favorite beach....weather was cool and windy making the water alternate with warm and cool currents....not the bath water we usually have..snorkeling cloudy but we enjoyed our long swim....swam around to the big maho....campground,etc no longer in business...

decided to leave early enough to catch joe's bbq in Cruz bay...I ordered while my husband returned the car...literally across the street...bought myself a new stj hook bracelet as my original one was stolen this winter...bought our tickets for the 3pm....took a good 45 min to get to crown bay but so worth the effort ....spent $80 for the car,about 60 for the taxis,28 for the ferry and $ 20?for lunch.....can't measure in dollars the pleasure we had doing this for the day....