Fulton Street Garage - New Orleans

odis

Has anyone had recent experience with parking at the Fulton Street Garage in New Orleans? I used it 3 years ago, reserved ahead, and had no issues. A porter came to meet us once we parked, took our bags to the shuttle, and then went to the pier.

Seen some reviews where you have to drop your group off at the pier first (with luggage) before parking and some who had reserved ahead were given hard time when they tried to park and told they needed to pay more.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

We used Fulton St parking garage this past September and had no issues. This was our second time using them and we would not hesitate to use them again. First time was with husband and son second time cruising with my mother and adult daughter. We never felt unsafe or harassed about price pre-paid. The elevators at the parking garage are not the greatest so they have you drop luggage and passengers at first level and just the driver takes the car up and rides the elevator down. Minor inconvenience but didn't ruin our vacation:)

• 3 months later...

We are planning to use them in July, will I have to drop DW and kids at terminal before heading over or can we just go straight to the garage? We are driving to the port that morning and would love to just go straight to the garage with no stops. Are they truly enforcing that 2 person only rule?

I dropped my wife and 9 year old off with the luggage. He had to go to the bathroom. My 8 year old rode over with me. It was super easy. I was worried about being seep rated but the shuttle drops you off right were you drop the luggage.

It was really so easy I would do it the same way next time.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used Fulton Garage before, liked it, and would like to use them again for our upcoming July cruise. Is it possible to bring your suitcases to your car after the cruise ( I know the driver is supposed to go get the car), so that we can spend a few hours in New Orleans without having to find another parking place. I don't know if we can get there early enough before the cruise.

We have used Fulton Garage before, liked it, and would like to use them again for our upcoming July cruise. Is it possible to bring your suitcases to your car after the cruise ( I know the driver is supposed to go get the car), so that we can spend a few hours in New Orleans without having to find another parking place. I don't know if we can get there early enough before the cruise.

Are you wanting to spend some time in NOLa before you board? Then park and have them take you to the Termianal check your luggage and the take the streetcar to Jackson Square or the French Markey stops - spend some time then board the ship.

Or, if post cruise let the shuttle pick you up and then put your luggage in your vehicle (I've never had the attendants bring my vehicle down) visit the city then depart - just put a later time on your departure.

Another option park on a side street in the Garden District take the streetcar to Canal St enjoy your visit take the streetcar back. I usually park on Jackson Ave just off St Charles.

Thank you for your reply. What I meant about the driver getting the car, is they only want one person to get the car and the rest to stay at street level with the luggage. I was hoping it was possible to take the luggage on the elevator to put in the car. Sounds like it is, so that's great!

Thank you for your reply. What I meant about the driver getting the car, is they only want one person to get the car and the rest to stay at street level with the luggage. I was hoping it was possible to take the luggage on the elevator to put in the car. Sounds like it is, so that's great!

You shouldn't have any problem, if you get a hassle just tell them your family is going to the cafe that is in the elevator lobby - once inside do what you want.