I'm scheduled to fly from Tulsa to New Orleans on 9/10 ...

eminence_front

Nobody knows anything... there is no way of knowing. Carnival will make an announcement at some point in time... but nobody on these boards can answer that question. New Orleans will likely be shut down for a very long time... so I'm sure Carnival will make provisions for this.

How about we all wait & see how many lives are lost & if the city is still standing before worrying about a future cruise. If you provided all the proper personal info to Carnival, I'm sure they will be contacting you & everybody else after the hurricane has passed & before your cruise.

Sorry but we have many friends on this board who live in the area & we are all hoping & praying that they make it out alive so they can cruise with all of us in the future.

...As will the airlines, I'm sure, because weather can't be helped and it wouldn't be our fault.

If you have travel insurance, your air should be covered if your cruise is cancelled or anything of that nature. Weather problems do not constitute a refund unless the plane cannot get in or out of an area... and it is entirely possible that the airport will be closed for quite some time as well... nobody knows how this will play out, other than it is not going to be good...

What happens if that entire area is heavily damaged? Will Carnival move their embarkation point to Galveston? (Most of all, though, I hope Katrina does an about-face and mostly misses New Orleans, for the sake of the people there who haven't yet evacuated.)

This is history in the making. Depends on what happens. Should make for a memory you won't forget, however.

Archived