Insteading of backbiting each other about this hurricane...

eminence_front

I'm with you, Chuck! If you see a post that you think is thoughtless or pointless, why don't you just move on? I can live without anyone's opinion of what they thought were rude and pointless. I think the board hosts are perfectly capable of admonishing posters if and when necessary. I have been "flamed" for not searching for answers to threads I created that, apparently, had been addressed before. But I figure, every day new folks come on this board and since I'm sure every single question has been asked before, there would never be any new threads if you "followed the rules and guidelines".

I pray for the good folk in the path of this storm, I pray for hungry children, I pray for our troops, I pray for peace on earth. But, I would also be wondering if my ship was gonna be in New Orleans next week!

There is so much good in the worst of us, And so much bad in the best of us, That it hardly behooves any of us To talk about the rest of us. ...

Donna

I am fairly new to this board and may ask alot of questions. Some of which I know have probably been asked before and some might be tired of answering. But not being computor savy, have a hard time looking and doing the search thing for the answer.

tis really ok to ask questions...but sometimes the same question is right on the same page. the suggestion to read over the first page or two before psoting the question will help. I had to do just that on the Princess board.. read a few pages to learn how stuff works etc on Princess.

Another suggestion- when posting a question--please wait for at least 24 hours for a reply. Some posters expext a bunch of answers in 10 minuites and if no reply they post the same question again.

There are a few posters here from LA. I hope they and all the rest are kept safe

I have been watching all day about this!!! This is not good! My thoughts and Prayers are with them all!!!

I am sorry you have been not getting a good responce when asking questions!!!!! This is UN-CALLED for,,, getting chewed out!!!!! Please use the Exclamation point in the upper right corner of every post to let CC Monitors take care of these posts!!! Too many flamings from a user will get them thrown out!!! But we need your help to alert us to them! Please keep asking questions as this is a matter being monitored more closely!

Thank You

Chuck (CC Group Leader):)

Before passing judgement on anybody here.....why not take a look at the number of questions asked by OP? I offered her a suggestion previously about maybe posting ONE thread such as Need Info On Sensation instead so many seperate questions. I wasn't trying to be mean or rude to anyone. When you open the board & see 5-10 questions on the front page, all asked by the same person, about the same ship, it makes you wonder if someone is really looking for help or just playing 20 questions. There are lots of people here who also have questions to ask & we will all be happy to answer them if we can. Like I said before.....questions are great & that is what we are here for, to share information with everyone.....not just one person.

I agree with Brenda. It makes it easier to answer questions when they are all on one thread. The original poster can ask all her questions in her first post. Then people can answer the ones they know. Hopefully, all the questions will eventually get answered. Otherwise, questions may be overlooked if they are posted separately.

I'm with you, Chuck! If you see a post that you think is thoughtless or pointless, why don't you just move on? I can live without anyone's opinion of what they thought were rude and pointless. I think the board hosts are perfectly capable of admonishing posters if and when necessary. I have been "flamed" for not searching for answers to threads I created that, apparently, had been addressed before. But I figure, every day new folks come on this board and since I'm sure every single question has been asked before, there would never be any new threads if you "followed the rules and guidelines".

I pray for the good folk in the path of this storm, I pray for hungry children, I pray for our troops, I pray for peace on earth. But, I would also be wondering if my ship was gonna be in New Orleans next week!

There is so much good in the worst of us, And so much bad in the best of us, That it hardly behooves any of us To talk about the rest of us. ...

Donna

Like you said, new people come here everyday with questions & that's great but some people don't know to search or look a back a couple of pages to find their answers. Especially if there is 10 threads by one poster, all on the front page.

We are all glad to answer anybody's questions here anytime.If not, we wouldn't be here. We are all here to get information & share our love of cruising. No need for anyone to get mad or get their feeling hurt if somebody offers suggestions or they don't get the answers they want to hear.

I enjoy my time here & hope everyone else does too. After several cruises....I still learn lots of helpful information here. :D

Archived