Beware of Cabin Number Errors in Vista Deck Plans

Beware of the deck plans on the Carnival Website.

Not sure about all the decks but if you look at the Vista deck 9 deckplan the cabin numbers are wrong for the most part. The printed cabin number on the plan is different than when you place your cursor over the cabin, for example the printed number for the starboard aft wrap cabin is 9473, but when you place the cursor over the cabin, it shows 9471.

I notified my Carnival PVP about the error. He agreed there was a problem and indicated the number that shows up when placing the cursor over the cabin is the correct number. It appears a few of the cabins at the bow are correct, but most are not.

I notified my PVP on Saturday and he was passing the information on to the beards.

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain

http://www.cruiseshipdeckplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Carnival-Vista-Deck-9-Plan.gif

The above plans show the cabin numbers as they appear on the Carnival website pop ups, as opposed to the ship deck plan.

Wonder how many non existent cabins the ever efficient Carnival sales team have sold.

Or the ones that are booked and not in the cabin location they think they are in!

I have also noticed that it is impossible to book a cabin on deck 10 (where I want) I have exhausted all the options trying to get to it. :s

I either get an error message or the page just flips up and goes blank.

It is the same on both UK and US sites...anyone else had this?

I have also noticed that it is impossible to book a cabin on deck 10 (where I want) I have exhausted all the options trying to get to it. :s

Yes, I have also tried everything. I gave up and booked an OV. My sister and her husband will be joining us now so I will call when they are ready to book and see what we can do about getting our preferred location.

Yes, I did as well, from Friday afternoon on. Should have given up and called Carnival, but I didn't and just booked a balcony on Deck 9. Shortly after that, Deck 10 came up as sold out. Glad I booked when I did, as I see balcony prices rose about $400pp by Saturday afternoon! This is our first TA and understand it's a new ship and all, but am astounded at how quickly it's selling out.

Yes, I did as well, from Friday afternoon on. Should have given up and called Carnival, but I didn't and just booked a balcony on Deck 9. Shortly after that, Deck 10 came up as sold out. Glad I booked when I did, as I see balcony prices rose about $400pp by Saturday afternoon! This is our first TA and understand it's a new ship and all, but am astounded at how quickly it's selling out.

They'll come down once travel agents release their group holds. After final payment and weeks before the cruise, most transatlantic voyages drop considerably in price. On Carnival, it isn't unheard of to step onboard with over $1,000 onboard credit per stateroom. The ship is nowhere near "selling out."

Carnival is only showing 10 available cabins at a time in each category.Neither my TA or I were able to see more then 10 Coves on the June 11 cruise and it was not one of the 3 cabins I wanted to book. My TA got back to me later in the day on Friday and was able to get us the cabins that we wanted. She said Carnival was going crazy on Friday and it took her forever to get thru to her contact there but when she did she was able to find out what cabins were actually available. The ship is not filling up all that fast but that is the way Carnival usually does things.

Carnival is only showing 10 available cabins at a time in each category.Neither my TA or I were able to see more then 10 Coves on the June 11 cruise and it was not one of the 3 cabins I wanted to book. My TA got back to me later in the day on Friday and was able to get us the cabins that we wanted. She said Carnival was going crazy on Friday and it took her forever to get thru to her contact there but when she did she was able to find out what cabins were actually available. The ship is not filling up all that fast but that is the way Carnival usually does things.

Carnival has always only shown ten available staterooms on their website. If you wanted something that wasn't visible, you had to call. Your TA was looking at Carnival.com and not the intranet booking engine.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned but I just booked Cove Balcony #2364 this morning for the July 29th Sailing. I just realized per all the deckplan layouts I can find of the Vista, it looks to be a room for 2 pax only HOWEVER I was able to book 3 people into the room. I wonder how many other rooms out there are off by the deckplans?

I'm not sure if I should be concerned but I just booked Cove Balcony #2364 this morning for the July 29th Sailing. I just realized per all the deckplan layouts I can find of the Vista, it looks to be a room for 2 pax only HOWEVER I was able to book 3 people into the room. I wonder how many other rooms out there are off by the deckplans?

The Vista deck plan on Carnival.com shows it as a 3 person cabin.

The Vista deck plan on Carnival.com shows it as a 3 person cabin.

Would you be able to direct me to the deckplan you see where it shows it as a 3pax cabin? Because I went back and checked on carnival.com, cruiseshipdeckplans and goccl, and I still appears as a 2 pax for cove balcony cabin 2364.

9ictau.jpg

5ciza8.jpg

1zc0heh.jpg

What M&T is showing is exactly what I was looking at.

Thank you both, I appreciate you taking the time to look into it - I feel more assured now. I know there's another few rooms that are 3pax cove's but the deck plans I was looking at do not reflect that.

I booked 3 cabins next to & across from each other so now that I have solid confirmation 2364 is indeed a 3pax, I won't be concerned that it was mistake on Carnivals part & I might get moved.

Thanks again!