Do you see any wildlife in the Afternoon

hugger

on the Tor. Canal tours? I realize that the morning is msot likely a better time. However, I just can't make myself get up EARLY two mornings in a row as we are in the Panama Canal the day prior.

ASH my DH I'm not a morning person! LOL

Also, wondering if I'd be safe going into do some shopping on my own around the pier in the late morning. DH is going on the white water rafting trip early morning so I'm on my own.

I have seen a TREMENDOUS amount of wildlife on some of our cruises!!!

LOL

What's good to buy there are the port. Is it a long walk from the ship?

How long do you think I should allow to do some light shopping in this area?

As my excursion will leave at 12:30 for the Canal's.

Hugger we took the morning excursion on the Tortuergo Canal and saw lots of animals. We decided to take the a.m. because we thought it might be very humid in the afternoon. It was a little in the a.m. but did not talk to anyone who went in the afternoon. Maybe someone else can help you with that answer. As for shopping we could not dock at Limon because of the wind and had to dock about 1 mile further. Only the tour buses were there so no shopping for us. So cannot help you with the ort of Limon.

Marilyn

Hi hugger

I am scheduled to do the aerial tram in the morning and the canal in the afternoon. There are some posts on here already and alot of people have done this. Everyone says that is the way to go for the wild life. Although I will tell you the last time I went to Costa Rica the Howler monkeys were much more active in the morning they may be sleeping in the afternoon. When are you going?

We took this tour in December and it was fantastic. The aerial tram was in the morning (very sedate and no wildlife except for a few butterflies), then lunch (very tasty), and the cruise on the Tortugero Canals was in the afternoon. Wildlife? You bet!

We saw 4 separate groups of Howler Monkeys (at least one with babies), sloths, one huge croc in the water, numerous very large caimans, several enormous iguanas (one copper colored), bats, large termite nests, lots of water fowl, etc.

You are in for a treat! Enjoy Costa Rica.

• 3 weeks later...

in the afternoon. I've been interested in Costa Rica for year's I can't wait to visit.

Cruiseescape - CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding!!!

What a Wonderful cruise to take for your honeymoon - we'll take good care of the ship for you and deliver her to you on the 15th safe and sound :)

ENJOY

Archived