Orient Beach condition

jordanaire

We were at Orient Beach last Thursday and there were thousands of people there. The seaweed is still there, but not covering the beach like many have suggested. In fact, we found a stretch of beach over 300 yds long with no seaweed at all. We stayed mainly where the jet skis are rented. We would have stayed there all day if it weren't for the tour we were on. You can still swim without seaweed bothering you. And as for the smell, we didn't notice it at all.

:cool:Bill

Edited by jordanaire

Thanks for the update. Orient Beach seems to be getting better and better. We'll be there for the first time in April! :D

OMG...you're in for a treat! Orient Beach is our favorite beach in the world. We've even been to Waikiki in Honolulu and like OB better!

Speaking of waikiki, i beleive that is the name of the beach/resort that rccl goes to on their orient beach excursions. Has anyone had any experience there?

We are currently on Orient Beach at La Playa which is next door to La Playa. If you want more time at the ImageUploadedByForums1422544619.039255.jpg.ff80781906fa384bde566511e4278269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1422544642.924825.jpg.efda0d82ae76fb1b8c4066b436df0653.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422544666.828188.jpg.767e6fcbc87c04ef9f3cc2450cbb783c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422544683.443613.jpg.d25f0dc5fa8fb251554ce871b997599b.jpg

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Life is good, is there jet ski rental close by?

Yes..there is a jet ski rental right about in the middle of the beach. Mares (I think) is the name of the rental place. They also have parasailing, scuba dive equipment, etc.

Yes..there is a jet ski rental right about in the middle of the beach. Mares (I think) is the name of the rental place. They also have parasailing, scuba dive equipment, etc.

Thanks

We are currently on Orient Beach at La Playa which is next door to La Playa. If you want more time at the [ATTACH]338446[/ATTACH][ATTACH]338447[/ATTACH][ATTACH]338448[/ATTACH]beach. Take a taxi, much cheaper. I just ask the cost, 2 people from pier to Orient $20, one way, have 5 or more, $7 pp. If you want less beach and a tour---we use Bernard 's Tour. 😄😄😄😄Hardly any seaweed [ATTACH]338445[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I meant to say that Waikiki is next door to La Playa.

I meant to say that Waikiki is next door to La Playa.

I figured that out[emoji2] we went ahead and booked that excursion through RCCL. Thanks again for your experience. Nice to know the seaweed is improving. Looking forward to having sand between my toes instead of snow on my boots[emoji32]