Scooter and wheelchair on ship?

ldteddys

Hello all,

I have several questions about wheelchair and scooters. I have traveled with my manual chair but had to wait for hubby to push me anywhere I went but this time would like to take my scooter for more independence icon_biggrin.gif. Do I still need to take manual chair? Also I now have to have oxygen at night along with Cpap machine. How do you get all this stuff on board, oxygen concentrator, Cpap,scooter and manual wheelchair. I'm begining to wonder if it's still worth cruising. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks

Lisa

The o2 questions will have to be answered by someone else..

My suggestion is that you contact Ship Special Services dept.

Yes, take the manual for the shore excurtions and tenders. Hal has new rules for scooters so if you are going on HAl check this out. I use my scooter on board and have manual for back up (ie forget to charge it/flat). If you are just going to stay near the pier then you may be able to use your scooter on land but most of the Islands do not follow ADA so the manual is best for shore. Make sure you book a HC room. Have fun in the sun.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Dear Lisa, My sister and I are taking our oxygen dependent Mom to Alaska. We contacted Celebrity and they told us about Care Vacations. It is a company that sets up everything you need. We have been working with them and it does cost $$ but not having to lug everything for her is a blessing. They will meet us at our United Airlines gate with a tank. They will have a concentrator in our hotel room waiting for her. We leave the next day on the Infiniity and when we get to our room, there will be a concentrator there as well as the # of tanks we have ordered for the ship and excursions. We also have ordered a scooter and a wheel chair for her. She has diabetes and Celebrity will have our refrigerator empty so we can put her insulin in. They are also providing a red container for her needles. Special Services at Celebrity have been very co-operative so that our Mom can have the best possible trip. United has been great in ordering oxygen tanks both ways on our flights. Oh, yes, Care Vacations will have the concentrator back in our hotel room when we return. They will take care of collecting the ship concentrator and tanks, scooter, chair, etc. Care will also be at our United gate to get the last tank. Everyone seems to feel no one should be denied a cruise vacation and they are all helping out to make it great. Our Mom has said many times how grateful she is to all those helping to make this vacation possible with the least amount of stress for her as well as my sisster and myself. Good luck and don't let your disabilities keep you from your cruise. Dianne

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;07;25;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mom's wonderful vacation

Archived