Belize with a 1 year old

bamafanbibby

I'm sure parents of younger cruisers will jump in with what they did with their 4 and 8 year olds, or how well their toddler behaved on the long bus ride (but the toddler has already noted that torture for future use against them:D:rolleyes:), but frankly, there's no real beach near by where the toddler can play. NO park. long tender or boat rides to any reasonable ocean spot. Hot muggy buggy jungles for other things. IMHO, best to just head to the Tourism Vilage(tender pier) and walk around, grab some chocolate at Moho's Chocolate, ice cream at Yogi's, some conch fritters and a Belikin at Wet Lizard or Bearded Clam, or a coconut drink at the little kiosk.

That's kinda what I'm thinking.. We looked at the echo park but my husband doesn't want to just lay by a pool all day especially since we are going to Mahogany Bay as well and there we will probably hit the beach. So we may just hang around the port area... Thanks.

I love Belize but with a one year old I would consider staying on the ship. Any excursions are about an hour away, and the port can be a busy mad house. Which is part of why I love it. But if you have a baby carrier and are comfortable and physically able to wear the baby it could be okay to check out the port and vendors outside the fence.

Any recommendations for places to go or things to do on our upcoming trip with our 1 year old son??

Too funny (and so helpful) that you posted this earlier today. I was just about to research this myself. DH and I are leaving for a RC cruise with our son (12 months old) in a week and it docks at Belize. Taking a cruise with a one year old is daunting. Good luck!

Any recommendations for places to go or things to do on our upcoming trip with our 1 year old son??

Not to thread jack, but hubby and I were thinking of taking our 12 month old to the Belize zoo. Not a full shore excursion through the cruise ship (RC offers a six hour long wilderness/zoo excursion. That would be too long IMO)..We were thinking of just grabbing a cab and going to the belize zoo for the day. Let me know if anybody has done this and thinks the Belize zoo would be too much for a one year old. Thanks!

Edited by damaskprint