Impressed with Carnival Special Services

PiperMcB

I am booked on a December cruise in a handicapped cabin. About a month ago I sent in my special services questionaire--which lists disabilities and needs. Saturday,I got a call from Carnival Special Services just to make sure I had all the information I needed about the cabin and the ship. I was very impressed that they took the time to call. She gave me her name and extension number and said to let her know if I had any questions.

Piper

<MARQUEE>Christmas Cruise on the Elation!</MARQUEE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;19;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I wish you good luck, and I hope they come through for you - because they did not for me. A metal part on my son's power wheelchair broke while on the Victory the night before we were to arrive in Grand Cayman. Needless to say, this was about the worst thing that can happen, because we had no plan B. I went to the purser's desk to see if they could give me any help about what repair facilities were available ashore. They actually told me that they could not help, and that I should ask a cab driver when I get to the island. What they did not tell me (they told my wife after I had left for shore) was that they had a Cayman phone directory in their office. The story has a happy ending in that I found a machine shop and got the part repaired, but I will never get over the poor treatment by Carnival.

Wow! I'm glad things turned out all right. It seems like the special services people need to give some training to the employees on the ship!

Piper

<MARQUEE>Christmas Cruise on the Elation!</MARQUEE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;19;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived