5 year olds S&S card

jdyer09

Good afternoon! We are taking my 5, almost 6 year old nephew on his first cruise, and hes going to be traveling without his parents, just me, his aunt, and grandmother on a last minute cruise.

While Ive traveled with my daughter, aged 8 at her first cruise, and was able to keep up with her own S&S card via lanyard, what tips do you guys have or what solutions have you used with younger childrens cards? I was thinking Id just keep it with mine, seems like the safest option, but wanted some other ideas.

Thanks guys!

-J

Good afternoon! We are taking my 5, almost 6 year old nephew on his first cruise, and hes going to be traveling without his parents, just me, his aunt, and grandmother on a last minute cruise.

While Ive traveled with my daughter, aged 8 at her first cruise, and was able to keep up with her own S&S card via lanyard, what tips do you guys have or what solutions have you used with younger childrens cards? I was thinking Id just keep it with mine, seems like the safest option, but wanted some other ideas.

Thanks guys!

-J

Our son is 7 and we've always just kept his. He does like to open the cabin door, so we give it to him then. :)

Keep it with yours. At just under 6 years old he can't sign himself out of Camp Ocean and is really too young (IMHO) to be roaming the ship alone. I also don't see him needing to purchase anything unless CO has an activity that requires funds. But if they do, they will let you know.

Thank you, he most certainly will not be wandering the ship alone, my now 11 year old doesnt even do that. You never know whos in those halls. We turned off purchasing abilities just in case we decide to let him try a lanyard and it ends up lost somewhere.