Norovirus Allure Feb 1, 2015 sailing

Onboard the Allure now. About 60 passengers have come down with noro. That's about 1% of the total passengers. The entire crew has been fastidious with wiping down all surfaces and dispensing sanitizer squirts even going into the Amber Theater last night.

99% of us are alive and well and enjoying our last day at sea.

Have a great cruise!

DO NOT BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE passengers I have seen the kitchen staff serve moldy

Food in the Czech house

I have seen staff serve moldy buns in the dog house and staff pick up forks from the floor and place them with the clean doors

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Do everything you can to protect yourself while on board. We were on the Crown Princess ship a few years ago that returned to Ft. Lauderdale before we got to any ports due to over 300 passengers having the Noro. My husband was one of them. Our same ship also had the virus the week before. We were delayed all day before boarding while they cleaned the ship. The problem though, we believe, is that the crew probably still had it. It doesn't take much for the Noro to spread, and spread fast. Try not to touch much. Use your own cabin bathroom instead of the public ones, if possible. Wash your hands often with hot water and soap, and use the hand sanitizers often as well... especially before eating. Have a great cruise, and try not to worry about it... but just be cautious and safe.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before: Yesterday we received automated phone calls from RCCL specifying staggered embarkation arrival times for our sailing this Sunday, Feb. 1. Today around noon we received an additional auto call advising that gastrointestinal illness will require deep cleaning on the ship, again stressing strict arrival time scheduling according to cabin deck level and loyalty status. I may or may not be correct in assuming that norovirus has hit Allure of the Seas. We tend to avoid buffets at any rate and are thorough hand washers, but I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has experience with being on a ship AFTER the deep cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...