Coco Beach...woohoo!!

pugmama

Off a little post I shuttled my family off to Coco Beach for some snorkeling and quiet beach time (because they'd gotten a bit rowdy the day before in Cozumel and we needed some low key fun) and had a great time! The water was like glass, we found a great group to take us out to the reef and saw gorgeous fish, coral, stingrays...everything but a shark! (Not that we wanted to see one of those...)

Afterwards, we hung out by The Reef Playacar hotel, down a bit from their chairs and just played in the water and got even more sunburned. A trip to Avenida del Cinco and some more sun and we headed back to the ship, pooped!

I recommned Coco Beach to anyone who wants to see a bit of beach NOT overrun by tons of people and locals trying to braid your hair (yes, someone offered to braid mine later that day and it's about 2 inches long...awkward!) Then catch a cab back to town and shop and do whatever you like there. You will be glad you did!!

Pugmama

A few questions...

Did you take a taxi to Coco Beach? How far is it from the pier?

Do they have snorkel gear or do you have to bring your own? You mentioned great snorkeling? How deep was the water?

This "group" you mention...was it a tour company and where did you find them, cost, etc......

We are still undecided about what to do in Playa and leave Monday!!! This sounds great!

Thanks

Archived