Allure in June - strange things happening in RCI's website

Was wondering if anyone else who's sailing on the Western Med cruises on Allure this summer has seen anything like this?

For some reason, even though we're booked out of Rome for the 7 night cruise, the system seems to think we're going from Barcelona. All our reservations say Rome to Rome, so I'm not too worried about it, but when I go to look for excursions for Barcelona, all I get as options are Airport transfers or City Center transfers. No other day trips. :confused:

And then when I called RCI to ask if they had any recommended hotels for pre-cruise, they said when they pull up our reservation, all it is giving them for recommended hotels are ones in Barcelona.

Is this just some weird messed up RCI site thing (I know they're not exactly known for having one of the better sites) or something I should be concerned about?

We're on the 4th June sailing from Rome. I'm also only seeing transfers on the Barcelona excursion page. Not sure if they'll put up more excursions nearer the date. We booked our cruise through our local thomson agent and as we're going to pay for it soon I might ask them to contact rci for me . I can't pre book the shows either but it's probably too early to do that.

We are on Rome to Rome Oct Sailing and the same here. I'm thinking the Barcelona to Barcelona sailing is far more popular (although not for us) and so the Allure Mediterranean sailings are geared to that. I'm guessing there are far fewer passengers embarking/disembarking in Rome. So the ship will cater to Barcelona being the embarkation point. Doesn't matter to us. I am just planning a private city tour in Barcelona, so that is what I will do. :cool: I like the Rome embarkation so much better because it allows us a few days to explore the city on our own rather than a rushed 1 day visit. In my opinion it is impossible to enjoy Rome as a rushed 1 day port.

I'm glad it's not just me. :D

We also thought we'd want the extra couple days in Rome as well, which was why that embarkation point appealed to us. In Barcelona, so far the only thing that I know my younger son wants to do is the tour of the FC Barcelona stadium, so we might just get a city transfer and then wing it from there, but I figure we've got time to figure that out.

And I can't access any reservations (or even the activities waivers) yet, but I also assume that's just because we're too far out at this point. :)

• 4 weeks later...

While I was booking the Allure, the Royal Caribbean rep told me that the Allure is originating our of Barcelona but will pick up passengers in Rome then head back to Barcelona to drop off and pick up more passengers. What I was told is because Rome isn't the originating port, anyone booked on a Rome departure will not be able to book shore excursions until they have boarded the ship. I asked why isn't that information given on the website, and he replied that he didn't know and that the Rome originating passengers won't even find out until they can't book shore excursions. Hope that helps with any confusion.

While I was booking the Allure, the Royal Caribbean rep told me that the Allure is originating our of Barcelona but will pick up passengers in Rome then head back to Barcelona to drop off and pick up more passengers. What I was told is because Rome isn't the originating port, anyone booked on a Rome departure will not be able to book shore excursions until they have boarded the ship. I asked why isn't that information given on the website, and he replied that he didn't know and that the Rome originating passengers won't even find out until they can't book shore excursions. Hope that helps with any confusion.

Thanks :) That makes sense. It stinks, but it makes sense. :p