Replenish package question?

I was wondering what the average price for non alcoholic cocktails like pina coladas or daiquiris are? I don't drink and I am trying to figure if it would be cost effective to get the replenish package at $19 a day or just pay by the glass. I do know that more is offered in the package, but I don't drink coffee or hot tea and I don't have a problem with the lemonade or ice tea they serve. TIA.

I was wondering what the average price for non alcoholic cocktails like pina coladas or daiquiris are? I don't drink and I am trying to figure if it would be cost effective to get the replenish package at $19 a day or just pay by the glass. I do know that more is offered in the package, but I don't drink coffee or hot tea and I don't have a problem with the lemonade or ice tea they serve. TIA.

Try this, has some good info

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Hello!

I was on the Quantum from the 11th to the 23rd of January,2015 and I had the Royal Replenish for the entire 12 nights. I probably would not do it again. The VIRGIN frozen drinks were priced at 4.00 to 4.50 each. Very good sized, very filling but not available in the Music Hall or Royal Theater, at any time, regardless of your package (No frozen drinks of any kind there, in either).

The fresh squeezed orange juice is only available in 2 places in the Windjammer, not from Room Service.

The soda cup has only 4 locations that we found on the entire ship and 1 was broken the whole cruise. another 1 of the 3 locations (the one in the Windjammer - the most popular location) was constantly out of either coke, diet coke or the gas to power it, necessitating a trip to Cafe Promenade to fill up.

The colorful drink menus of the past are GONE! no more will you see all the pretty pictures of the 'Ritas, Diaquiri's, Pina Colada's etc! They have been replaced with leather bound, burgundy booklets, with tan pages announding in script, the names and prices of "Signature Cocktails" at $ 12 a piece, along with wines, and beers.

Remember how the waiters around the pool would entice you with trays of already made-up drinks, with "cute" names, while you watched pool games?

No more!!! You MIGHT see 1 waiter every 20 minutes IF you're lucky, but most of the time, you need to go get it yourself. At the inside bars, there were more waiters, but the same drink menus. The Signature Drinks are NOT included in ANY package. If you order any of them, even with the highest package, there is a $2 per drink surcharge added to your SetSail pass.

On the dessert menu in the restaurants we dined at: Coastal Kitchen, Chic, Grande, Silk, American Icon, and Chops - specialty coffees were not on the menu and were not offered by the waiter. When asked at one restaurant if we could get it, because we had the RR, they looked startled and said they have to go get it and we'd need to wait until they got it. (We figured that the thinking was that we'd already "paid" for it, why actually offer it) !

I don't think I'd get it again! - Hope this helps! - Miriam

Hello!

I was on the Quantum from the 11th to the 23rd of January,2015 and I had the Royal Replenish for the entire 12 nights. I probably would not do it again. The VIRGIN frozen drinks were priced at 4.00 to 4.50 each. Very good sized, very filling but not available in the Music Hall or Royal Theater, at any time, regardless of your package (No frozen drinks of any kind there, in either).

The fresh squeezed orange juice is only available in 2 places in the Windjammer, not from Room Service.

The soda cup has only 4 locations that we found on the entire ship and 1 was broken the whole cruise. another 1 of the 3 locations (the one in the Windjammer - the most popular location) was constantly out of either coke, diet coke or the gas to power it, necessitating a trip to Cafe Promenade to fill up.

The colorful drink menus of the past are GONE! no more will you see all the pretty pictures of the 'Ritas, Diaquiri's, Pina Colada's etc! They have been replaced with leather bound, burgundy booklets, with tan pages announding in script, the names and prices of "Signature Cocktails" at $ 12 a piece, along with wines, and beers.

Remember how the waiters around the pool would entice you with trays of already made-up drinks, with "cute" names, while you watched pool games?

No more!!! You MIGHT see 1 waiter every 20 minutes IF you're lucky, but most of the time, you need to go get it yourself. At the inside bars, there were more waiters, but the same drink menus. The Signature Drinks are NOT included in ANY package. If you order any of them, even with the highest package, there is a $2 per drink surcharge added to your SetSail pass.

On the dessert menu in the restaurants we dined at: Coastal Kitchen, Chic, Grande, Silk, American Icon, and Chops - specialty coffees were not on the menu and were not offered by the waiter. When asked at one restaurant if we could get it, because we had the RR, they looked startled and said they have to go get it and we'd need to wait until they got it. (We figured that the thinking was that we'd already "paid" for it, why actually offer it) !

I don't think I'd get it again! - Hope this helps! - Miriam

Thank you, I don't think I will be getting the package. Based on the prices I would have to drink about 5 frozen drinks a day to get my moneys worth and if they are not available at all places it definitely is not worth it in my book. I appreciate all the information and I will just pay by the glass.

Thank you, I don't think I will be getting the package. Based on the prices I would have to drink about 5 frozen drinks a day to get my moneys worth and if they are not available at all places it definitely is not worth it in my book. I appreciate all the information and I will just pay by the glass.

On the Jan 3 cruise I had the replenish package and was able to get frozen drinks in the theater. got them twice in the theater, in fact - one virgin pina colada and, another day, a frozen strawberry daquiri. it was VERY hard to flag down a server both times, but once we did, the drinks were available. i did not try at the music hall.

If you're going to labadee or coco cay, the package also works there - got quite a few virgin labadoozies. :) you can also get virgin drinks at the bar in 270 - i'm not sure if they make frozen drinks, but when i asked for something virgin they asked for examples of what i liked and ended up giving me a rosewater lemonade, which was the best drink i had all trip.

If you're into juice, the solarium bar has fresh squeezed orange juice all day, which is included in replenish. their smoothies are not included, however.

I think there are 4 or 5 coke freestyle machines onboard. our cups didn't arrive onboard until mid-cruise (they were loaded in puerto rico), but once we got them, all of the machines we used were full and worked fine. We mostly went to the ones in sorrentos and the dog house, however; we only ate in the windjammer once so never used that machine.

You'd still need about 5 drinks a day, so it may not be worth it, but wanted to let you know the drinks may be available in more places than the other poster experienced. I think the ship is still smoothing out where and when drinks are available, so there may be some mixed reports.

FWIW, i don't think i drank $23-ish worth each day, but i was close (i got a frappucino, a virgin cocktail, and 2-3 sodas each day, plus usually a hot chocolate or extra mocktail), but i thought the package was worth it for the convenience.

On the Jan 3 cruise I had the replenish package and was able to get frozen drinks in the theater. got them twice in the theater, in fact - one virgin pina colada and, another day, a frozen strawberry daquiri. it was VERY hard to flag down a server both times, but once we did, the drinks were available. i did not try at the music hall.

If you're going to labadee or coco cay, the package also works there - got quite a few virgin labadoozies. :) you can also get virgin drinks at the bar in 270 - i'm not sure if they make frozen drinks, but when i asked for something virgin they asked for examples of what i liked and ended up giving me a rosewater lemonade, which was the best drink i had all trip.

If you're into juice, the solarium bar has fresh squeezed orange juice all day, which is included in replenish. their smoothies are not included, however.

I think there are 4 or 5 coke freestyle machines onboard. our cups didn't arrive onboard until mid-cruise (they were loaded in puerto rico), but once we got them, all of the machines we used were full and worked fine. We mostly went to the ones in sorrentos and the dog house, however; we only ate in the windjammer once so never used that machine.

You'd still need about 5 drinks a day, so it may not be worth it, but wanted to let you know the drinks may be available in more places than the other poster experienced. I think the ship is still smoothing out where and when drinks are available, so there may be some mixed reports.

FWIW, i don't think i drank $23-ish worth each day, but i was close (i got a frappucino, a virgin cocktail, and 2-3 sodas each day, plus usually a hot chocolate or extra mocktail), but i thought the package was worth it for the convenience.

Thank you this is good information to know, the package is something to consider, but I know I would not get my money's worth because I would not have that many frozen drinks and I am not a soda or coffee drinker.

We are on the Anthem later this year. Perhaps I am being stupid but does the replenish package mean you can only get sodas from the freestyle machines with your cup, or can you still order from bars without your cup?

we were not able to get a complimentary drinks package included so we were looking at either soda or replenish and then pay for cocktails as an extra.

Hope it's the same as it used to be as it seems you would be very limited if you could only get sodas from machines.

Look forward to your replies.

Tony

We are on the Anthem later this year. Perhaps I am being stupid but does the replenish package mean you can only get sodas from the freestyle machines with your cup, or can you still order from bars without your cup?

we were not able to get a complimentary drinks package included so we were looking at either soda or replenish and then pay for cocktails as an extra.

Hope it's the same as it used to be as it seems you would be very limited if you could only get sodas from machines.

Look forward to your replies.

Tony

You can get sodas from the bar without your cup.

Edited by Dragonkeper