Fishing charter in Belize?

Bossladyn

Can anyone recommend a fishing charter? There are none on our ship excursion list and there are a lot on the Internet to choose from. Just wondering if anyone has experience with one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been doing some internet surfing about Caye Caulker and found these comments on different sites on Caye Caulker fishing which were from a period of over the last five years. Don't know anything personally, but perhaps this will help. You can take the water taxi over to Caye Caulker if you are in port long enough.

"For fishing, I'd recommend Piggy (Porfilio Guzman), you can reach him at 501-226-0152 or just ask around, everyone on the island knows him."

"could not remember Piggy's name. You should find him at the Lazy Iguana Hotel on Caulker.."

"I have had some excellent days with a chap known as Piggy. Best got hold of through a hotel called Iguana Reef Hotel."

"2012: So we had arranged to go with Pops as we loved the post from Jane. My husband and I just got home last week and are still excited from our vacation. We are planning on when we shall return as we speak! Pops was defiantly the highlight of our trip, he took us out on an amazing day"

"After the most amazing vacation on Caye Caulker, Belize we came back home with many many highlights, but we all agreed on the 1 thing we would do again and again and that is the fishing adventure we went on with a local guy named Paps"

"I had a great day fishing with Ken – he was friendly and obviously knew the area very well. I saw a lot of fish and I would definitely recommend him"

"Caught permit with Ken Coc (Chasin Tail boat)"

"There is really no wade fishing around CC - it is all done on a skiff. I used Angler's Abroad and was very happy. Both Ken and Parnell have excellent reputations and it is clear why"

"My second day guided fishing was on the 21st May, fishing from Caye Caulker. I fished with Ken, arranged via Anglers Abroad Fly Shop"