Hi Missus Makkem

I was just about to ask the same question reference the port. I see online that it cost €30 from airport for minibus. I am considering Equinox b2b in June so am researching flights and hotels as Istanbul is new to me!.... Neil

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We assume you are talking about Istanbul (you never mention the city). Not sure that Istanbul assigns the actual pier location this far in advance, but the cruise ships all dock in a single port located just over (from the main part of the city) Galata Bridge in Karokoy. It is a pretty large complex with the ships all lined up in a row. There is an adjacent shopping building (nothing to write home about) and several gates that allow passengers to exit the port onto the main street. That street also has a wonderful Tram line that cruise ship passengers can use to quickly (and cheaply) get over the bridge into the heart of the city (and the main tourist destinations).

If you are choosing a pre or post cruise hotel we do not think the port should be a major consideration. Choose your hotel based on your own budget and the location of the hotel within the city. It is relatively easy to get around Istanbul on public transit or with taxis. The city also has some really excellent world class hotels such as the 2 Four Seasons properties and the somewhat famous Cirogan Palace Hotel.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner