Grand Circle, 10/28/04, Vienna to Amsterdam

lddam

icon_biggrin.gif

We just booked the Vienna to Amsterdam itinerary for October 28th on the M/S River Adagio with the 3-day extension in Vienna prior to boarding. Anyone else out there sailing with us?

Rivercruising is a first for us, and October can't come soon enough!

Dave of ...

Dave & Marcia

R.E.D.I.S.

We're are doing the same itinerary but in reverse, on the River Melody in July. We aren't doing the extensions, but plan to rent a car for a week afterwards. We plan to fly home on August 3, so will post a full report soon after.

We've traveled with Grand Circle numerous times, but this will be our first river cruise.

Kayelach: we were on the Melody doing the same itinery only from Vienna to Amsterdam. If the same crew is aboard you will have a good time listening to them sing. The song that they loved was "Achy Breaky Heart", and sang it while in the pilot house crusing down the river.

The towns you visit are really fun, and I would rate this trip a 10.

We are on the Aria this year in June, going from Budapest to Bucharest, and taking the pre cruise trip in Prague.

The only concern I have is the water level. Friends that went last year had to be bussed.

Grace

Hi Kaylache;

We will be with you on the Melody in July. One of our travelling companions will turn 90 the day we leave for Brussels pre-cruise. We wil do the pre and the post so will be in Europe 21 days. Just back from an Eastbound TransAtlantic on the Caronia- it was superb! Will be booking GCT's Majestic National Parks for next year in a couple of weeks.

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

We're looking forward to meeting you, Rick. I've followed your posts for a long time. We are driving across the USA from Arizona to Boston (where our son lives), and will fly to Brussels from there, then take the train to A'dam to join the cruise. Afterward, we have a hotel in Vienna for two nights, then have a car rental for a week going back to Brussels, where we have another two days in a hotel. I'm particularily trying to "pack light" because I will have the transfers to do myself. We are getting very excited about it. We just returned from a 31 day cruise on Marco Polo from Buenos Aires to Barbados with 9 days on the Amazon that was wonderful. I took 'way too much on that one, four 50+ pound suitcases, but we had FIVE formal nights!

Kaylache;

We too had 5 formal nights on the transat but got away with one big case and a suitbag. Of course, for a man-changing the tie and cumberbund colors gives him a whole new "look".

When I told my wife last night about my plans to pack lightly, she informed me "No Way Jose". I have to get rid of clothing to make room for all the Xmas presents she will be buying. Guess, I had better stop buying new clothes for the trip!!!

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be anxious to hear about your experience on the River Melody in July when you return as I will be doing the same (Vienna to Amsterdam) Aug. 21.

This will be my first river boat cruise and I'm really excited about it. icon_smile.gif

Carole

Sitmar Fairwind 01/88,

Royal Princess 01/90,

Seawind Crown 03/92,

Regent Sun 04/95,

Maasdam 11/95,

Independence 10/96,

Dawn Princess 11/98,

Disney Magic 02/99,

Regal Princess 01/00,

Ryndam 07/00,

Crown Princess 11/00,