Post Cruise Survey, does anyone read them?

raven1121

just got back from my cruise aboard Independence of the Seas. The last day of the cruise I noticed the crew asking everyone overtly to fill out the survey with 10 being the best and their specific areas they worked in (windjammer, MDR, etc).

i'm assuming the 1-10 scale matters to the crew a lot but how about the comment section. If I write down a specific crew member's name and a paragraph about his/her outstanding service will they be recognized or is it more of a "feel good box"

just got back from my cruise aboard Independence of the Seas. The last day of the cruise I noticed the crew asking everyone overtly to fill out the survey with 10 being the best and their specific areas they worked in (windjammer, MDR, etc).

i'm assuming the 1-10 scale matters to the crew a lot but how about the comment section. If I write down a specific crew member's name and a paragraph about his/her outstanding service will they be recognized or is it more of a "feel good box"

We had some issues with MTD management staff and their attitude on our last cruise. I filled out the survey and told them about the problems we had and I was surprised when I received a call from Royal. So yes they do read the surveys and take it serious. This was the first time I've ever given some negative feedback. Now our waiter and assistant were wonderful and I gave them an excellent.

Theresa

Any of them where I put in specific comments I have gotten a reply.

I can tell you that when you put

"The inaction of your personnel nearly caused a major hotel fire" That one gets you a personal phone call :eek:

I always do write comments. I take pictures of the crewmember's badge so I have the complete last name.

A few months ago we had an issue with a member of the photographer's staff. I wrote his name on the comments and what happened and when I was back on the ship a few weeks later he was no where to be found!